We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC Error Display

I am catching the gridGroupingControl1_ExceptionRaised event and trying to display my own error message. However the error message display stays behind the dropdown from the column (using foreign key words). I assume this is because I pass the owner to the MessageBox.Show method as the form displaying the GGC and not the popup that is created to display the entry of the column''s value. Is there a way to either change the exception text that is being displayed or get the window handle to assign for the message box?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 24, 2006 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Chuck, By calling the MessageBox.Show method with out the owner argument will solve the mentioned issue. MessageBox.Show("My Exception Message....", "MyExceptionTitle"); But if you want to pass the owner argument compulsorily for some reason then you can pass the drop down container as the owner as mentioned below. MessageBox.Show((this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.CurrentCellRenderer as GridDropDownCellRenderer).DropDownContainer,"My Exception Message....", "MyExceptionTitle"); To trigger the ExceptionRaised event in the attached sample delete the value of “InsideCategoryID” column of any row in the Child_CategoryChildName column''s drop down and press enter. Regards, Calvin.

CS5.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon