We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Changing MDI child Form Icon with TabbedMDIManager

I have a case when using an MDI child Form with a TabbedMDIManager where I want to change the icon in the tab dynamically. I tried the naive thing which was to set the Form.Icon property but that did not seem to affect anything. Any idea how to do this? Thanks, Peter

3 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team January 20, 2006 06:05 PM UTC

Hi Peter, Sorry for the inconvenience. This seems to be a bug in TabbedMDIManager Framework as this blocks the icon from getting change in an MDI scenario i.e., when attached to the container. I have logged a bug report # 1406 in this regard. Defect # 1406- Unable to change child form''s icon dynamically when in MDI mode. One workaround will be detaching the child forms and reattaching it again. But note that this will cause some flickering and as this detach and re-attaching the forms. this.tabbedMDIManager.DetachFromMDIContainer(this,false); ... ...Add child .. Change icon .. this.tabbedMDIManager.AttachToMdiContainer(this); We will try to fix this issue at the earliest and keep you informed. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Please let us know if you have questions. Regards, Mano

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2006 01:52 AM UTC

I am wondering if this issue has been fixed.

Thanks.

>Hi Peter,
>
>Sorry for the inconvenience. This seems to be a bug in TabbedMDIManager Framework as this blocks the icon from getting change in an MDI scenario i.e., when attached to the container. I have logged a bug report # 1406 in this regard.
>
>Defect # 1406- Unable to change child form''s icon dynamically when in MDI mode.
>
>One workaround will be detaching the child forms and reattaching it again. But note that this will cause some flickering and as this detach and re-attaching the forms.
>
>
>this.tabbedMDIManager.DetachFromMDIContainer(this,false);
>...
>...Add child
>.. Change icon
>..
>this.tabbedMDIManager.AttachToMdiContainer(this);
>

>
>We will try to fix this issue at the earliest and keep you informed. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Please let us know if you have questions.
>
>Regards,
>Mano
>

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team August 9, 2006 01:28 PM UTC

Hi Craig,

Your incident # 27445 has been updated. Please follow up with that incident for further queries in this regard.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon