We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

HOW TO: Get the caret position in the Rich Text control.

Hi, I want to get the caret position in Rich Edit control. Is there any method in C# which i can use? I tried to use the GetCaretPos API but unbale to use it. [System.Runtime.InteropServices.DllImport("user32.dll")] static extern bool GetCaretPos(Intptr point); Point curPos; GetCaretPos( curPos ); This gives me compilation error as type mismach. How sould i use this API. Thanks, AN

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2002 06:25 PM UTC

Hi, First declare this struct: public struct POINT { public int X; public int Y; public POINT(int x, int y) { this.X = x; this.Y = y; } } and then try chaning the declaration as: static extern bool GetCaretPos(ref POINT point); and then use the method as: POINT pt = new POINT(0, 0); GetCaretPos(ref pt); I think this should work. Regards, -Praveen Ramesh Syncfusion, Inc. > Hi, > > I want to get the caret position in Rich Edit control. Is there any method in C# which i can use? > I tried to use the GetCaretPos API but unbale to use it. > > [System.Runtime.InteropServices.DllImport("user32.dll")] > static extern bool GetCaretPos(Intptr point); > > Point curPos; > GetCaretPos( curPos ); > This gives me compilation error as type mismach. > > How sould i use this API. > > Thanks, > AN

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon