We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

setting focus to a GGC new record cell

When my form opens, I want to set focus to a specific cell in a GGC. The cell is located in the GridAddNewRecord row. How do I do this? When the form opens, I want the user to just be able to start typing into the cell. thanks!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 20, 2006 05:00 AM UTC

Hi Eric, You can set focus to a particular cell by moving the focus to the required cell. you can achieve this by using MoveTo method in Form_Load Event. Here is the code snippet. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.MoveTo(3,1,GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus); Regards Madhan.

EW Eric Weber January 20, 2006 05:19 PM UTC

thanks! The cells in this grid require a double click to activate them. After incorporating your code, I can see a box around the cell (indicating that it has focus), but when I type nothing happens. I''ve added the following lines of code, but with no luck... this.TableControl.CurrentCell.ActivateOnGotFocus = true; this.TableControl.CurrentCell.MoveTo(2,4,GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus); this.TableControl.CurrentCell.Activate(2,4,GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus);

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 20, 2006 09:09 PM UTC

Hi Eric, That works as expected, typing initially enters the text in the add new record field. Try BeginEdit to see if that helps. this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell.BeginEdit(); Best regards, Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon