We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGrouping Control and Reference

I am trying to use the grid grouping control in an ASP.NET project but keep getting the error message "Compiler Error Message: BC30009: Reference to required assemly ''Syncfusion.Grouping.Base'' containing the implemented interface ''Syncfusion.Grouping.ITableEventsTarget''. Add one to your project. Well the Syncfusion.Grouping.Base reference has been added, removed, added, etc...everything I can think of to get the damn reference into the project and it shows up in the project references just fine. I''ve looked through the ASP.NET FAQ and didnt find anything regarding this error. The Syncfusion grid samples do work, so I know its something in my config...but it certainly is not a missing reference. What else could be wrong? Thanks Dave Taylor

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2006 10:15 PM UTC

Hi David, 1) I assume you encountered this problem after dragging and dropping a GridControl on the WebForm. You should not have encountered any problems with the samples. The reason the samples work but not a new application is because the VS.NET Designer does not add theselines for the other assemblies that are referenced. You should not encounter this in the 4.1 version of Essential Studio which will be out soon. 2) We are working on getting the 4.1 beta version of the ASP.NET products out soon. Here is the link to the 4.1 samples and you can download the beta from here Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Regards Arun

DT Dave Taylor January 19, 2006 11:59 PM UTC

Arun, Thanks for the references for the aspx page. I''ll give those a shot. A question on 4.1, will it work with VS2003, NET 1.1, etc. Or is it going to be solely for VS2005, NET 2.0, etc? Thanks Dave

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 20, 2006 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Dave, Yes, version 4.1 will support VS 2003 along with VS 2005 and the new features available in the 2.0 Framework. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 20, 2006 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Dave, Yes, version 4.1 will support VS 2003 along with VS 2005 and the new features available in the 2.0 Framework. Regards Arun

LK Liz Kalinowsky June 1, 2006 05:39 PM UTC

I downloaded the evalution version (4.2) and am running into this problem. I attempted to add the suggesed lines and now receive the following error: File or assembly name Syncfusion.Shared.Web, or one of its dependencies, was not found Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 2, 2006 06:53 PM UTC

Liz, Did you change the version no. in your references to make it point to the latest version? If this still doesn''t get fixed, please cut and paste the refernces you have added here. Also make sure you web.config for your application doens''t have any conflicting references. Also, check your app''s bin folder and also the GAC to make sure there are no older versions left. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

BV Benoît Verreault July 5, 2006 01:27 PM UTC

>Hi David, > > >1) I assume you encountered this problem after dragging and dropping a GridControl on the WebForm. You should not have encountered any problems with the samples. The reason the samples work but not a new application is because the VS.NET Designer does not add theselines for the other assemblies that are referenced. > >You should not encounter this in the 4.1 version of Essential Studio which will be out soon. > > >2) We are working on getting the 4.1 beta version of the ASP.NET products out soon. Here is the link to the 4.1 samples and you can download the beta from here > > >Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. > >Regards >Arun I recently started developping with Syncfusion for the web and encountered the same problem mentionned above. I am currently using the version 4.1.0.62 of the essential studios and dragged a GridWebControl to my page and it didn't add all the reference needed. The references you provided with this text file helped although I had to correct the first one as it was refenrencing "Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools" instead of "Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid" And also the change from Version=3.301.0.0 to Version=4.101.0.62 did the trick. Regards, Benoît Verreault

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon