We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Loss of Focus issue with PopupControlContainer

I''ve noticed that when using a PopupControlContainer, the main dialog losses focus when one of the controls within the popup has focus. This causes an extremely ugly flicker (main app title bar goes grey) as focus shifts from my main app, to the popup, and then back to the main app. This issue is easy to see in your own PopupControlContainerDemo project. Is there anyway to prevent this flicker? Thanks, Dave Sausville

7 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team January 20, 2006 02:13 PM UTC

Hi Dave, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. This behavior is by design of PopupControlContainer. PopupControlContainer acts as a separate container and hence form lose its focus when controls inside PopupControlContainer receives focus. Regards, Mano

DS Dave Sausville January 20, 2006 03:45 PM UTC

Any suggestions for an alternative solution?

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team January 21, 2006 08:05 AM UTC

Hi Dave, Could you please let us know which version of Essential Studio you are having? Regards, Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 21, 2006 01:22 PM UTC

Hi You can achieve through the show method of the popupcontrol.But the problem is you should handle the closing operations explicitely using the hide method. to show popup Point p=this.popupControlContainer1.ParentControl.Location; p.Y=p.X+this.popupControlContainer1.ParentControl.Height ; popupControlContainer1.Location=p; popupControlContainer1.Show(); you can use the leave,validated events for closing the popup good luck

DS Dave Sausville January 23, 2006 10:15 PM UTC

Using 3.2.1 Thanks for the .Show() suggestion but that didn''t work. I replaced the my ShowPopup() with your suggestion, but the popup did not display.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 25, 2006 03:27 AM UTC

Hi sorry . there is some mistake in the line p.Y=p.X+this.popupControlContainer1.ParentControl.Height ; so please change to p.Y=p.Y+this.popupControlContainer1.ParentControl.Height ; Best of luck >Using 3.2.1 > >Thanks for the .Show() suggestion but that didn''t work. I replaced the my ShowPopup() with your suggestion, but the popup did not display.

JL Jose Lacson February 22, 2006 07:59 PM UTC

Is there a solution to this problem?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon