We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error occurred while adding tab Syncfusion to Visual Studio 2005

Hello, I can''t get any of the controls to appear in the VS toolbox. This machine used to have 3.3 on it. I uninstalled 3.3, installed 4.1.0.10 first, but still no toolbox items. Running the Toolbox utility did nothing; in fact it didn''t seem to really run. Then today I uninstalled 4.1.0.10, and tried again with 4.1.0.25. Same result. No items in the toolbox and running the utility did nothing. So I ran Utilities/ToolBoxInstaller/runall.exe from the command line and got no errors...but nothing changed either. So I ran Utilities/ToolBoxInstaller/2.0/toolboxinstaller.exe 4.1.0.25 and got the following error: Started at 1/17/2006 4:32:40 PM Initialising....... Initialisation completed at 1/17/2006 4:32:44 PM Adding tab to the toolbox of Visual Studio 2005 Error occurred while adding tab Syncfusion to Visual Studio 2005 - 1/17/2006 4:32:45 PM. Logging exception details... Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. So...what should I do? Keith

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 18, 2006 06:10 PM UTC

Keith, does it work if you manually drag a dll (e.g. Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies) to the Visual Studio toolbar? Please double check also that you do not have the problem discussed here on your machine: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=23 Thanks, Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 18, 2006 08:23 PM UTC

>Keith, > >does it work if you manually drag a dll (e.g. Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies) to the Visual Studio toolbar? > >Please double check also that you do not have the problem discussed here on your machine: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=23 > >Thanks, >Stefan Stephan, I first tried the fix outlined in the KB article you mentioned. The fix did solve my Windows Update problem (thanks for that!) but had no affect on the behavior of the ToolBoxInstaller. I ran it from the command line again in the way I mentioned in my first post and got the same COM Fail error. Then I tried manually adding the .dlls by dragging them into the toolbox and that seemed to work fine. I added quite a few controls, then added them to a form in the designer. changed some properties, etc. and then ran it. Everything seemed to work. Any ideas why the toolboxinstaller fails? If you have some other diagnostics you''d like me to run let me know. It would be great if this worked properly in the upcoming release. Keith

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team January 23, 2006 01:26 PM UTC

Keith, This has been resolved for the final release. Please let us know if you see this problem with the final release. Best regards, Daniel > > >>Keith, >> >>does it work if you manually drag a dll (e.g. Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies) to the Visual Studio toolbar? >> >>Please double check also that you do not have the problem discussed here on your machine: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=23 >> >>Thanks, >>Stefan > >Stephan, > >I first tried the fix outlined in the KB article you mentioned. The fix did solve my Windows Update problem (thanks for that!) but had no affect on the behavior of the ToolBoxInstaller. I ran it from the command line again in the way I mentioned in my first post and got the same COM Fail error. > >Then I tried manually adding the .dlls by dragging them into the toolbox and that seemed to work fine. I added quite a few controls, then added them to a form in the designer. changed some properties, etc. and then ran it. Everything seemed to work. > >Any ideas why the toolboxinstaller fails? If you have some other diagnostics you''d like me to run let me know. It would be great if this worked properly in the upcoming release. > >Keith

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon