We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ExpressionFieldEvaluator::IsExpressionValid() - usage?

I''m trying to use the IsExpressionValid() method on the ExpressionFieldEvaluator class to determine if an expression string is valid. But this method returns false for every string I validate - even strings that I think are correct. I modified the "Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.10\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\GridGroupingTutorial\Project3" sample to use the ExpressionFieldEvaluator as follows: ExpressionFieldEvaluator expEvaluator = new ExpressionFieldEvaluator(this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor); string errorStr; bool validExpression = expEvaluator.IsExpressionValid(this.expDesc.Name, this.expDesc.Expression, out errorStr); NOTE: I put this code in the constructor after InitializeComponent(). this.expDesc is the "PercentWins" expression field - I simply made a variable for it so I can get access to it. Is there something wrong with the way I''m using the ExpressionFieldEvaluator, or is this a bug? thanks, Heath

1 Reply

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 17, 2006 05:09 AM UTC

Hi Heath, This is a bug and it is fixed, in the next versions of 4.1 that will be resolved. Best regards, Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon