We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

General window refresh problems with 4.1.0.10

Rebuilding an MDI app. with docking panels & toolbars using 4.1.0.10 beta (previously 3.2.1.0) results in screen refresh problems. When a new window is opened or closed the toolbar and menu briefly disappear. Other panels reposition themselves in the absence of the toolbar and menu and then reposition again as the toolbar and menu are redrawn. This causes the GUI to flicker in a somewhat disturbing manner before the display stabilizes. This behavior was not seen with 3.2.1.0. Will this be fixed with the final 4.1 release?

8 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team January 14, 2006 05:20 AM UTC

Hi Mark, We regret for the inconvenience caused. We are currently working on this flashing issues with docking and menus and will update you once this has been fixed. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Mano

RB Ronda Bergman February 28, 2006 01:20 PM UTC

Hello, I am having the same problem and would also like to be notified when there is a solution for this. Thanks, Ronda >Hi Mark, > >We regret for the inconvenience caused. We are currently working on this flashing issues with docking and menus and will update you once this has been fixed. > >Thank you for your patience. > >Regards, >Mano

RB Ronda Bergman May 10, 2006 07:39 PM UTC

Mano I just upgraded to the latest version 4.1.0.62 because it said that this problem was fixed. The problem is not as bad but is still present. If I have multiple tabbed MDI windows open when I close the last one the menu disappears and reappears. >Hello, >I am having the same problem and would also like to be notified when there is a solution for this. > >Thanks, Ronda > >>Hi Mark, >> >>We regret for the inconvenience caused. We are currently working on this flashing issues with docking and menus and will update you once this has been fixed. >> >>Thank you for your patience. >> >>Regards, >>Mano

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team May 11, 2006 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Ronda, We have taken care of all flickering issues when using XPMenus and TabbedMDIManager. This fix will be available in our final release of v.4.2. Please let me know if you have any questions. Regards, Mano

RB Ronda Bergman May 11, 2006 03:27 PM UTC

Any timeframe?

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team May 12, 2006 07:10 AM UTC

Hi Ronda, The Essential Studio v.4.2 will be released on 5/15/06. Regards, Mano

CP Christian Pogea February 24, 2007 06:02 PM UTC

i try it with 4.4 and the problem still is there. on a very fast machine i need 3 seconds to open a new mdi window, because of hiding and showing the menu bar, rearanging some tool bars...

on a terminal server it's extremly slowly.

i'll open a ticket, because the bug is there over one year...

PJ Poly J Syncfusion Team February 26, 2007 02:25 PM UTC

Hi Christian,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I have contacted our development team regarding this. We will update you the time frame for fixing this issue. Please follow the Direct trac incident created for this issue for future updates.

Best Regards,
Poly

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon