We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeNodeAdv editable by typing

I have a tree where I will let the user create new nodes. When the user first sees the GUI there will be a folder with a single node in it with the text "". When the user single clicks the node they can edit that node. Once they leave focus of that node another node is added to the tree with the "" text and it is highlighted (selected node). Now, the user can then again use the mouse to one-click the node and edit the node text. BUT, I want the user to just be able to start typing to edit the text. This way the user can just edit each new node with the keyboard and not have to use the mouse. How can I accomplish this? Thanks, Rich

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 11, 2006 09:11 PM UTC

Hi Rich, Yes, this can be done in our TreeViewAdv control. Please refer to the test sample attached that illustrates the same. Note that the TreeViewAdv''s LabelEdit property needs to be set to true to be able to edit TreeNodeAdv''s text. Also, it is possible to make a node editable by pressing the F2 key. The node can be validated after editing using the Tab key. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 12, 2006 05:01 PM UTC

Hi Guru, The example does not do what I want. You still have to either, select the node with the mouse or use the F2 key to edit the node text. I want the user to just start typing to edit the node''s text (when a node is selected). >Hi Rich, > >Yes, this can be done in our TreeViewAdv control. Please refer to the test sample attached that illustrates the same. Note that the TreeViewAdv''s LabelEdit property needs to be set to true to be able to edit TreeNodeAdv''s text. > >Also, it is possible to make a node editable by pressing the F2 key. The node can be validated after editing using the Tab key. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 15, 2006 03:18 AM UTC

Hi Rich, Thanks for the clarification. I understand your requirements better now. Please refer to the modified test sample attached that illustrates the same, and let me know if this meets your requirements. You would have to press the Tab key to signal the end of node editing. However, there seems to be couple of issues with the TreeViewAdv. The node editing textbox seems to be wrongly positioned and the TreeViewAdv fires the NodeEditorValidated event twice when validated using the mouse. It works fine when Tab key is used for this purpose. We have logged the following bug reports in this regard, and will try our very best to take care of them at the earliest. Defect #1382 - NodeEditorValidated event gets fired twice when validated using the mouse Defect #1383 - Node editor textbox positioned wrongly in the TreeViewAdv We appreciate your patience and thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team March 14, 2006 07:07 AM UTC

Hi Rich, We are glad to inform you that the #1383 bug has been fixed internally in the patch v4.1.0.62.Here is the download details. Please upgrade to Essential Suite v4.1.0.62 from the forum link below. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=41784 Let me know if you need further assistance.We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Deepa

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team June 6, 2006 11:42 AM UTC

Hi Rich, The fix for Defect #1382 - NodeEditorValidated event gets fired twice when validated using the mouse issue has been included in our Finalrelease of v.4.2(v.4.2.0.37). And you can download the same from the following link: 4.2V FinalRelease Let me know if you need any further assistance. Thanks for your interest in Essential Tools. Regards, Deepa

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon