We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

supporting arabic fonts and rtl documents

Is there a plan on releasing pdf library with arabic language and rtl documents support?

11 Replies

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team January 10, 2006 04:11 AM UTC

Hi, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential PDF. Essential PDF offers support for RTL languages. I have attached a sample for your reference. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/RTL_d1edff9c.zip RTL.zip But I discovered some bug with arabic support and have reported to the development team. We will try to fix it as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Ajish. >Is there a plan on releasing pdf library with arabic language and rtl documents support?

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team January 10, 2006 12:09 PM UTC

Hi, Please ignore my previous response. 1) We have support for Arabic Unicode. I have attached a sample for your reference. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/ArabicUnicode_c77d2dea.zip ArabicUnicode.zip 2) Regarding RTL language support. I will investigate and post an update soon. Thanks, Ajish. >Hi, > >Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential PDF. > >Essential PDF offers support for RTL languages. I have attached a sample for your reference. >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/RTL_d1edff9c.zip > > >RTL.zip > >But I discovered some bug with arabic support and have reported to the development team. We will try to fix it as soon as possible. > >Please let me know if you have any questions. > >Thanks, >Ajish. > > >>Is there a plan on releasing pdf library with arabic language and rtl documents support?

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team January 13, 2006 10:14 AM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We do have an option to render Text in Right To Left direction using the IPDFGraphicState setting in the DrawText method. Currently there is a bug in implementation and I have notified the development team regarding this and it would be fixed soon. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Ajish.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 26, 2006 11:07 AM UTC

Hi, I wanted to check if IPDFGraphicState bug is fixed? Regards, Mahdad >Hi, > >Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. > >We do have an option to render Text in Right To Left direction using the IPDFGraphicState setting in the DrawText method. Currently there is a bug in implementation and I have notified the development team regarding this and it would be fixed soon. > >Please let me know if you have any other questions. > >Thanks, >Ajish. > >

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team February 27, 2006 06:30 AM UTC

Hi Mahdad, In Essential PDF setting the RightToLeft property of graphics state to true will set RTL text mode. Following code shows how to set this property and use it to draw a multi line text into pdf document, IPDFGraphicState props = doc.CreateGraphicState(); props.RightToLeft = true; doc.LastPage.Graphics.DrawMultiText(10,10,240,190, sourceTextRTL, font, props); Here is a sample for your reference. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Ajish. >Hi, > >I wanted to check if IPDFGraphicState bug is fixed? > >Regards, > >Mahdad > >>Hi, >> >>Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. >> >>We do have an option to render Text in Right To Left direction using the IPDFGraphicState setting in the DrawText method. Currently there is a bug in implementation and I have notified the development team regarding this and it would be fixed soon. >> >>Please let me know if you have any other questions. >> >>Thanks, >>Ajish. >> >>

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team February 27, 2006 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Mahdad, Sorry for the confusion in my previous response. Right To Left direction support using IPDFGraphicState was not a bug and it works fone. Here is a sample for you to refer. Please let me know if you have any other questions Thanks, Ajish. >Hi Mahdad, > >In Essential PDF setting the RightToLeft property of graphics state to true will set RTL text mode. Following code shows how to set this property and use it to draw a multi line text into pdf document, > > >IPDFGraphicState props = doc.CreateGraphicState(); >props.RightToLeft = true; >doc.LastPage.Graphics.DrawMultiText(10,10,240,190, sourceTextRTL, font, props); > > >Here is a sample for your reference. > >Please let me know if you have any other questions. > >Thanks, >Ajish. > > >>Hi, >> >>I wanted to check if IPDFGraphicState bug is fixed? >> >>Regards, >> >>Mahdad >> >>>Hi, >>> >>>Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. >>> >>>We do have an option to render Text in Right To Left direction using the IPDFGraphicState setting in the DrawText method. Currently there is a bug in implementation and I have notified the development team regarding this and it would be fixed soon. >>> >>>Please let me know if you have any other questions. >>> >>>Thanks, >>>Ajish. >>> >>>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 12, 2006 05:11 PM UTC

Hi Ajish, Thank You for your sample, I ran your sample with herbew language and every thing was working but when tried to render an arabic text,letters were seperated in pdf file (as you may know in arabic letters may not be rendered seperataly unlike herbew and english): عربی متن correct form ع ر ب ی م ت ن is there a soloution to this problem? Thank You, Mahdad >Hi Mahdad, > >Sorry for the confusion in my previous response. Right To Left direction support using IPDFGraphicState was not a bug and it works fone. Here is a sample for you to refer. > >Please let me know if you have any other questions > >Thanks, >Ajish. > > >>Hi Mahdad, >> >>In Essential PDF setting the RightToLeft property of graphics state to true will set RTL text mode. Following code shows how to set this property and use it to draw a multi line text into pdf document, >> >> >>IPDFGraphicState props = doc.CreateGraphicState(); >>props.RightToLeft = true; >>doc.LastPage.Graphics.DrawMultiText(10,10,240,190, sourceTextRTL, font, props); >> >> >>Here is a sample for your reference. >> >>Please let me know if you have any other questions. >> >>Thanks, >>Ajish. >> >> >>>Hi, >>> >>>I wanted to check if IPDFGraphicState bug is fixed? >>> >>>Regards, >>> >>>Mahdad >>> >>>>Hi, >>>> >>>>Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. >>>> >>>>We do have an option to render Text in Right To Left direction using the IPDFGraphicState setting in the DrawText method. Currently there is a bug in implementation and I have notified the development team regarding this and it would be fixed soon. >>>> >>>>Please let me know if you have any other questions. >>>> >>>>Thanks, >>>>Ajish. >>>> >>>>

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team March 13, 2006 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Mahdad, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have consulted the development team for their thoughts on this issue and will update you when I hear back. Thanks, Ajish.

MA Mahdad Arefi March 18, 2006 07:26 AM UTC

Hi Ajish, Hi and thak you for your post, any news from development team? Regards, Mahdad

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team March 23, 2006 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Mahdad, I spend some time on investigating this problem. The problem is that in Arabic language one characters or groups of characters change on another characters or groups of characters. We are investigating on this issue further and need some more time to resolve this issue. I will send you an update as soon as this issue is fixed. Regards, Ajish.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team April 4, 2006 07:11 AM UTC

Hi Mahdad, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Here is the current status of this issue, it has been fixed and it will be available in the next release, which is planned in 2 to 3 weeks time frame. I have attached the pdf file generated with Arabic text using the new fix. We would really appreciate any feedback that you might have on this Arabic language support. Thanks, Ajish. Arabic Support.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon