We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dragging Rectangle

Hi, I''ve recently implemented a Syncfusion Diagram into one of my forms, and I build the symbols and links completely dynamically at run-time. More specifically, I''m displaying a topology of hardware depending on what the user wants to add to the system. This sometimes can be quite a large topology, and continues off of the visible diagram area. I have also implemented a type of dragging-scrolling mechanism (much like in Adobe Reader and Google Maps) so that the user can easily maneuver around the topology. Now when the user clicks somewhere on the diagram and drags, a selection rectangle is displayed while dragging. Is there anyway I can override this so that it is not shown? Thanks, Mitch

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 6, 2006 04:19 PM UTC

Hi Mitch, The tracking outline is drawn by the Essential Diagram SelectTool in response to clicking and dragging the mouse on the diagram. You can prevent the tracking rectangle from being drawn by replacing the standard SelectTool with a custom version that does not call controller.View.DrawTrackingRect(...) from it''s IMouseEventReceiver.MouseMove method. Please take a look at the SelectTool class implementation in the Diagram.Base\Tools\SelectTool.cs file (Diagram.Windows\Tools\SelectTool.cs if you are using v 4.1) to see how the SelectTool is implemented. The following Essential Diagram KB article shows you how to customize an interactive tool - http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/diagram/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=48. Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon