We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Is there a simple way to add selected cells

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

39348 Jan 4,2006 10:55 PM Jan 10,2006 11:58 AM Windows Forms 7
Tags: GridControl
va
Asked On January 4, 2006 10:55 PM

Like Excel, I want to have a status bar that shows accumulates the total of any cells with numbers selected. Is there a sample or suggestion how to do this? Thanks

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 5, 2006 10:05 AM

Hi, You can use SelectionsChanged event and the formula engine to show the accumulate total of any selected cell in a status bar. Here is a sample. Regards, Calvin.

Forum_39348.zip

va
Replied On January 5, 2006 11:10 PM

Thank you.

va
Replied On January 5, 2006 11:10 PM

Thank you.

va
Replied On January 5, 2006 11:51 PM

Actually, this has a problems. First, if you click on the cells with ctrl + clcik and have non-contigous selection, it doesn''t work. I tried getSelectedCells but it returns a string like "A3:A6;A9" which can''t be used by the formula engine. How do I have the GridRangeInfoList parsed properly so I can either manually count them ot have the engine do it?

Replied On January 6, 2006 06:17 AM

Hi, Here is a sample which parses the GridRangeInfoList and show the accumulate total of any selected cell in a status bar. Regards, Calvin.

Forum_393480.zip

va
Replied On January 6, 2006 01:02 PM

Thanks. That got me started. BTW, One interesting bug - the grid doesn''t distinguish between what is being selected versus unselected veesus selected more than once. So if you click on one cell, then crtl+click click anotehr then crtl+click thr original cell, it will add them to the total more than once.

Replied On January 10, 2006 11:58 AM

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenient caused and the delay in replying. Here is an workaround which uses a custom MouseController to deselect a cell. Regards, Calvin.

Forum_39348_WA4.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;