We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Syncfusion Textbox and Delete Key

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

39321 Jan 4,2006 10:06 AM Jan 9,2006 12:23 PM General Discussion 5
Tags: General Discussion
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On January 4, 2006 10:06 AM

Hello, I''m using syncfusion''s textbox in Essential Tool Suite 2.1.0.9, and I am having problems with the extended textbox to format numbers. In fact, whenever I hit the "delete" key in one of those text box (Integer, Decimal, Percent, etc.) the application crashes. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix? Has someone else experienced this problem too? Thanks

Replied On January 4, 2006 04:01 PM

Hi Fred, While I''m not familiar with any specific bug in v2.1.0.9 regarding the delete key, I did try it out in our v4.1 beta. Everything seems to be working fine. At this point v2.1.0.9 is somewhat old, so your best course of action would be to upgrade. If this is not a viable option for you, please create a Direct-Trac incident and our Tools engineers can try to find an alternate solution for you. Thank you for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Sean Greer
Replied On January 4, 2006 05:38 PM

Fred, I don''t work for Syncfusion, but I do have an app on 2.1.0.9 and thought I''d try to repro this. I created a simple WinForm app, dropped a PercentTextBox and DoubleTextBox, ran the app and pressed the delete key within each control. I did not get an exception. Perhaps you can post the information about the exception (type, etc)? Sean

Replied On January 4, 2006 05:59 PM

Ok, this is my bad, I thought I had the bug with percent, decimal and currency too. Anyway, I only get the bug with the Integer Textbox. I attached a test form, if you press delete in the integer box, the app crash. Here''s the exception: An unhandled exception of type ''System.ArgumentException'' occurred in system.windows.forms.dll Additional information: ''-1'' is not a valid value for ''value''. Unfortunatly I can''t use any other version of syncfusion as this is the one the company bought:/ Thanks >Fred, > >I don''t work for Syncfusion, but I do have an app on 2.1.0.9 and thought I''d try to repro this. > >I created a simple WinForm app, dropped a PercentTextBox and DoubleTextBox, ran the app and pressed the delete key within each control. I did not get an exception. Perhaps you can post the information about the exception (type, etc)? > >Sean

testSF.zip

Sean Greer
Replied On January 6, 2006 02:10 PM

Fred, IntegerTextBox.Delete is virtual, so deriving a new class from IntegerTextBox and wrapping the call to base.Delete() with a try{...}catch() is one way you could work around this. Sean

Replied On January 9, 2006 12:23 PM

I found that I was using international setting for number format (my OS is set to French Canadian). When I use English Canadian, or US setting it works perfectly. I''m going to check the delete function. Thanks > >Fred, > >IntegerTextBox.Delete is virtual, so deriving a new class from IntegerTextBox and wrapping the call to base.Delete() with a try{...}catch() is one way you could work around this. > >Sean

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;