We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

"error: cannot obtain value" when debugging

When I step into a sub all of the global and local to the sub syncfusion type variables get the message "error: cannot obtain value" in the debugger. Although I can''t see what is going on it does appear that the syncfusion variables are workign correctly as my program behaves as expected. Any idea what is going on? I''m using 4.101.0.9 and VS2003.

4 Replies

BJ Brian J. Burnett January 4, 2006 02:46 PM UTC

This only occurs after calling CalculateAll. >When I step into a sub all of the global and local to the sub syncfusion type variables get the message "error: cannot obtain value" in the debugger. > >Although I can''t see what is going on it does appear that the syncfusion variables are workign correctly as my program behaves as expected. > >Any idea what is going on? > >I''m using 4.101.0.9 and VS2003. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2006 07:11 AM UTC

Hi Brian, I tried to reproduce the error in this sample: C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.9\windows\Calculate.Windows\Samples\XlsFileUsingExcelRW\vb I was not able to reproduce the error in this sample. I have attached the tested screen shot from this sample.Screenshot.zip Could you please give me some more information regarding how to implement the issue in this sample. I would really appreciate it if you could provide us with the sample that exhibits this behavior. We will try analyzing it here. Thanks for choosing and using Syncfusion Products. Best Regards, Jeba.

BJ Brian J. Burnett January 5, 2006 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Jeba I''ve attached a couple of screenshots the first is at the call to the sub showing all is ok. The second is after F11 to step into the sub where you can see that all of the calcWB properties are displaying the error. >Hi Brian, >I tried to reproduce the error in this sample: >C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.9\windows\Calculate.Windows\Samples\XlsFileUsingExcelRW\vb >I was not able to reproduce the error in this sample. I have attached the tested screen shot from this sample.Screenshot.zip Could you please give me some more information regarding how to implement the issue in this sample. I would really appreciate it if you could provide us with the sample that exhibits this behavior. We will try analyzing it here. > >Thanks for choosing and using Syncfusion Products. > >Best Regards, >Jeba.

screen10.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 6, 2006 09:04 AM UTC

Hi Brian, The reason is because, either your function takes a lot of parameters, or you are calling a function that takes a lot of parameters In VS.NET, when we are debugging, if a function passes a maximum of 32 DWORDS parameters, the error will be observed., because an integer-sized bitvector is used to track the stack. Please refer this link: error: cannot obtain value while debugging Best Regards, Jeba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon