We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

EndEdit Focus issue

I''m trying to force an update of the underlieing dataset in a databoundgrid so I can perform some pre-event validation. The issue i''m having is that when I call this.grid.Binder.EndEdit(); this.grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit(); the focus is lost from the cell that currently has focus and focus is set to the first cell in the grid. I need a way to persist the data in the current cell and keep focus on that cell. Is there any way to achieve this? Cheers

4 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 3, 2006 05:56 PM UTC

Hi Mike, If BeginEdit is called after update, will that work for you. this.grid.Binder.BeginEdit(); this.grid.CurrentCell.BeginEdit(); I do not see the currentcell focus being moved to first cell. What version of grid are you using? Best regards, Stanley

MN Mike Nohr January 3, 2006 06:15 PM UTC

This is the code i''m using: this.gdgMessages.Binder.BeginEdit(); this.gdgMessages.Binder.EndEdit(); this.gdgMessages.CurrentCell.BeginEdit(); this.gdgMessages.CurrentCell.EndEdit(); This seems to have resolved the changing of focus however it only seems to update the underlieing dataset on fields with checkboxes. The problem is that I have a text entry field if I type something new in that field without leaving that field I can''t seem to persist that data to the dataset. The above code doesn''t appear to achieve this. Any suggestions? I''m using grid 3.3.0.0

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team January 4, 2006 09:30 AM UTC

Hi Mike, Try this way. this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell.EndEdit(); this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.EndEdit(); this.Adapter.Update(this.DataSet); this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.BeginEdit(); this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell.BeginEdit(); Let me know if you still find issues. Best regards, Stanley

MN Mike Nohr January 4, 2006 06:35 PM UTC

Thanks Stanley! Worked like a charm. One more question for ya... If I wanted to persist an entire rows worth of data instead of just a cell what might the syntax for that look like? Cheers Mike

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon