We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Lost In Edit Mode?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

39257 Jan 3,2006 05:00 AM UTC Jan 3,2006 06:27 AM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: GridControl
Sue Harris
Asked On January 3, 2006 05:00 AM UTC

Hi, I''m sure I''m probably missing something obvious, but I''ve got a problem where my grid seems to get lost in edit mode when I execute some asyncronous code. I''ve modified the GridPopulationSample to demonstrate the problem. To reproduce the problem, start editing one of the cells and before you finish editing hit the F9 key. Once the dialog disappears the grid won''t start editing the cell if you start typing. Even clicking into another cell does not work. As soon as you arrow or tab into another cell its back to normal, but what is going wrong after the edit? The problem doesn''t occur if the grid wasn''t editing when the F9 key is hit. (I''m using version 4.1 but saw the problem back in version 3.3.0.0 as well). Thanks, Sue

LostInEdit.zip

stanleyj [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 3, 2006 06:27 AM UTC

Hi Sue, You are missing the focus on Grid after the form is shown when F9 key was pressed. Calling the grid.Focus() method at the end of Recalculate() method will get the Grid focused. To get back to the editmode, you could try the CurrentCell.BeginEdit() method. Best regards, Stanley

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;