We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridControl performance using C#

I am new to Essential Grid, so i decide to test Grid performance the way I need to use. I added 25,000 rows to grid with 4 columns. Last column is row counter, displayed in the cell. The result is very unusual: 1.Insert process takes about 13 sec. 2.Sort procedure as shown in GridControlSort example and used in my test app, takes forever. Can someone give me response for the following questions? 1.Is there any simpler sort procedure that I am not aware of? 2.Is there any way to create Row on the fly, without assigning value to RowCount property? 3.Is Grid can handle sorting up to 100,000 rows efficiently? Thanks.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 29, 2005 11:14 AM UTC

Hi Roman, You would likely get better performance if you use a virtual grid. A virtual grid does not hold any data. All data is supplied to the grid from an external data source on demand. When the grid needs a particular cell, say to draw it, it asks the external data source for that value. Since no data is actually loaded into the grid, there is virtually no limit imposed by Essential Grid on the number of rows and columns you can have. Refer the browse samples for Virtual grid performance: \Essential Studio\4.1.0.10\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\DataBound\GridPerf \Essential Studio\4.1.0.10\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Performance\RefreshGrid\ 1.There are two ways to display sorted data in the virtual grid: - The simplest way is to sort the underlying datasource. If your datasource is something that supports sorting (like a DataView or some other IBindingList objects that supports sorting), then you can apply the sorting on your datasource. It will physically rearrange the external datasource so that the sorted data is displayed with no changes to the QueryCellInfo. - The second option would be to create some sort of index array during your sort where the array tracks in some manner the relationship between the unsorted data and the sorted data. Then in your QueryCellInfo handler, you would use this array to get the proper reference for the requested row. 2.you can use the DataSource, To populate the grid without assigning the RowCount/ColCount. 3.Refer to Documentation more details: Essential Grid -> Windows Forms -> Basic Concepts -> Virtual Grid & Tutorials -> Virtual Grid. Refer to the sample for Virtual Grid Sorting [ 100,000 Records ] Let me know,if you need futher assistance, Best Regards, Madhan.

VirtGridSort_Performance.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon