We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

virtual grid with SaveCellInfo event

We are going to use the virtual grid to show data from a dataview or datatable. User can edit the cell value. First I did not call ResetVolatileData(). I use some code like : GridStyleInfo cell = this[0, ++i]; cell.text =.... to populate the header cell, then in the event QueryCellInfo, using the following code: if (row > 0 && col > 0 ) { string colCaption = this[0,i].text; e.Style.CellValue = _view[row -1, colCaption].Tostring(); } so far the grid is showing as expected. However, when we want to add the code in SaveCellInfo event, and build it again. Run it, and found this[0,i].text in event QueryCellInfo always return "", instead of the string we set. Of couse, in the scenario, the cell value is not showing correctly. Then I add the code ResetVolatileData(). Build again. All cells value are displayed correctly, and the cell value can be editted, and refreshed. However, the first row (Header Row) is not displayed as expected, it only show "A", "B"..... Please let me know how to implement the editable virtual grid, and display the header row correctly. Thanks.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 24, 2005 02:47 PM UTC

Hi Hui, I tried to see the issue in the attached sample. Header texts are displayed correctly and I could access them in QueryCellInfo/SaveCellInfo event handlers. Do you see the issue in this sample? Is it possible to upload a small sample? Also what version of the Syncfusion grid are you using? Best regards, Jay Virtualgrid_Header

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon