We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

V4.1.0.9: Docking Manager: Cannot change style to Office 2003

Sample VS_Demo_2005: When I change the style of the docking manager to "Office 2003" the IDE reports: "This method cannot be invoked because the serialization manager does not have an active serialization session."

5 Replies

PW Paul Wardle December 21, 2005 08:34 PM UTC

Sorry, its not the docking manager, its the main frame bar manager :)

PW Paul Wardle December 21, 2005 08:46 PM UTC

VSMainForm.DockingManager - The VisualStyle property is N/A in VS2005. It is available in VS2003, but if I change it to "Office 2003" I get the following error: "System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name brush System.Drawing.FillRectangle(..) ... Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.Renderers.RenderPrimitives.PaintBackground(...)" I then closed the designer, and reloaded the form - it now works OK:) If I set the property back to "OfficeXP", close the designer, reopen it and then change to "Office 2003" I get the same error. I closed the VS2003 sample, & deleted the obj/bin folders; I can no longer run/compile the VS2005 sample as it has code thats not available in .NET 2.0.

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 22, 2005 04:28 AM UTC

Hi Paul, Are you using VS.NET 2005 beta 2 by any chance? Thanks, Daniel >VSMainForm.DockingManager - The VisualStyle property is N/A in VS2005. > >It is available in VS2003, but if I change it to "Office 2003" I get the following error: > >"System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name brush > >System.Drawing.FillRectangle(..) >... >Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.Renderers.RenderPrimitives.PaintBackground(...)" > >I then closed the designer, and reloaded the form - it now works OK:) > >If I set the property back to "OfficeXP", close the designer, reopen it and then change to "Office 2003" I get the same error. > >I closed the VS2003 sample, & deleted the obj/bin folders; I can no longer run/compile the VS2005 sample as it has code thats not available in .NET 2.0.

PW Paul Wardle December 22, 2005 06:53 AM UTC

Nope, I am using the VS 2005 RTM.

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 22, 2005 09:40 AM UTC

Paul, We have seen similar issues with beta2 (with our controls and other projects). With the RTM, we have not seen the same problems. Is it maybe possible that other dlls are being loaded into the process? Can you use ProcessExplorer (http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html) to verify the version of the .NET Framework assemblies being loaded into the process? Also, if this turns out to be .NET 2.0 RTM is there any way we can get Remote Desktop access (or Webex access) to a machine where this problem occurs? Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it. Best regards, Daniel >Nope, I am using the VS 2005 RTM.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon