We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC : How can I have a multiline textbox with vertical scrollbars in a grouping grid cell?

I have a ''Remarks'' column in a nested/child table which can contain a large text. I need this to showup as a multiline textbox of a specified (customizable) height with vertical scroll bars to scroll through the text. I tried various options of the column''s AnyRecordFieldCell.WrapText = true and AnyRecordFieldCell.VerticalScroll = true but to no effect. How can I acheive this? Also, assuming I have a read-only column with cell type as RichText. Is there a way to disable its Save button (and basically not allow the user to type anything or change the font/size etc) because it does not make sense for a read-only cell?

3 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team December 21, 2005 05:23 PM UTC

Hi Anupama, Just to confirm before start working with a sample. Is your requirement is to create a RichText in a cell that will not be editable but to have scrollable option? Regards, Stanley

AN Anupama December 22, 2005 08:13 AM UTC

I would like a scrollable textbox that does not dropdown like a richtext cell type. To make a richtext cell type non-editable I would have to modify the source code provided by Syncfusion (GridRichTextEntryPanel.cs and GridRichTextBoxCell.cs) right? Or is there an easier way to do it? >Hi Anupama, > >Just to confirm before start working with a sample. Is your requirement is to create a RichText in a cell that will not be editable but to have scrollable option? > >Regards, >Stanley

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team December 22, 2005 01:42 PM UTC

Hi Anupama, Please refer this thread and at the bottom there is a sample with Scrollbars in RichTextBox. Let me know if that helps. Regards, Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon