We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC : How can you add custom controls to cells in a grouping grid?

My requirement is to add a DateTimePickerAdv (not the MonthCalendar) control to a particular column of a nested/child table. How can I do this?

8 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team December 21, 2005 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Anupama, You can create a custom CellType and then register that through TableModel.CellModels.Add, a sample we ship is \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.9\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\CustomCellTypes. There are many other samples implementing Custom CellTypes in other grids. Here is one sample, \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.9\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\CellTypes\CalendarCells to get an idea of creating a CellType. Once the CellType is added through the CellModels then it can be used anywhere as like other CellTypes. Regards, Stanley

AN Anupama December 21, 2005 10:53 AM UTC

This is fine for writing custom controls and adding them - for which I can write my own CreateRenderer functions etc? What about adding existing controls like DateTimePickerAdv? How will I get access to their GridCellModelBase object? I will not be able to do a gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.CellModels.Add without that. >Hi Anupama, > >You can create a custom CellType and then register that through TableModel.CellModels.Add, a sample we ship is \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.9\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\CustomCellTypes. There are many other samples implementing Custom CellTypes in other grids. Here is one sample, \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.9\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\CellTypes\CalendarCells to get an idea of creating a CellType. > >Once the CellType is added through the CellModels then it can be used anywhere as like other CellTypes. > >Regards, >Stanley

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2005 07:37 AM UTC

Hi Anupama, The GridGroupingControl supports the CellTypes that are specified in the below link. http://syncfusion.com/Products/product.aspx?p=5 The DateTimePickerAdv is a Control which has been shipped with the Microsoft Corporation and it is not a CellType that can be added to the grid. We have created MonthCalendar celltype for the users to have its functionality. But if you want to use the DateTimePickerAdv, you can add it with the Control CellType. Tell me if this helps you. Best Regards, Leo.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2005 07:56 AM UTC

Hi Anupama, Sorry for the typo made in the following line ''The DateTimePickerAdv is a Control which has been shipped with the Microsoft Corporation''. We regret for this error. The DateTimePickerAdv is one of our control and Month Calendar, a Microsoft Control for which a celltype has been created. You can also create a celltype with the DateTimePickerAdv based on the custom celltypes samples we ship. Let me know if you wish to have a sample with that custom celltype. Regards, Leo.

AN Anupama December 22, 2005 08:15 AM UTC

Yes please. If you could send me a sample it will be great. >Hi Anupama, > >Sorry for the typo made in the following line >''The DateTimePickerAdv is a Control which has been shipped with the Microsoft Corporation''. > >We regret for this error. > >The DateTimePickerAdv is one of our control and Month Calendar, a Microsoft Control for which a celltype has been created. You can also create a celltype with the DateTimePickerAdv based on the custom celltypes samples we ship. > >Let me know if you wish to have a sample with that custom celltype. > >Regards, >Leo.

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team December 26, 2005 01:10 PM UTC

Hi Anupama, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The custom celltype could not be used in the nested grid. This defect has been logged, here is the to the open issues. This is the Sample with DateTimePickerAdv control used as CellType. Best regards, Stanley

AN Anupama December 28, 2005 04:28 AM UTC

Unforunately I need this control in the nested table. I guess I will just have to wait for the fix. Thanks >Hi Anupama, > >Sorry for the inconvenience caused. > >The custom celltype could not be used in the nested grid. This defect has been logged, here is the to the open issues. > >This is the Sample with DateTimePickerAdv control used as CellType. > >Best regards, >Stanley

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team December 28, 2005 08:25 AM UTC

Hi Anupama, I am sorry to say that as a bug, while it was not. The custom CellType can also be placed in the nested tables With some modifications in DateTimeCell.cs. Please refer the modified sample. Best regards, Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon