We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

orgChart sample problem

Hi again i saw orgChart sample C# application, where we can create rectangle based on user input value. but same when i call the same functionality in Diagrams_ChilderenChangeComplete event its creating 2 symbols 1 with empty text and 1 with usergiven text how to overcome this problem since i want to use it in ChilderenChangeComplete event when we drag and drop a symbol it automatically opens a form and user gives his input when we click OK it should create the symbol. Thanks & Regards Rajkumar

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 21, 2005 07:45 PM UTC

Rajkumar, The Diagram.ChildrenChangeComplete event is fired whenever a new node is added to the diagram. In your case the ChildrenChangeComplete event is being generated because a new symbol has already been created in response to the drag-drop event, and was just added to the diagram. So instead of creating a new symbol inside your ChildrenChangeComplete event, you should simply use the event argument to get hold of the recently created symbol instance, and assign the data that you obtained from the user to this symbol. You could use a uniquely identifiable Name property that was assigned to the SymbolModel while designing it(or to the Symbol class definition) to determine if the recently added node is an instance of your symbol type. Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon