We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC : Problem with RichText in a GGC

I am facing a peculiar problem with the a RichText cell type in GGC. I have changed the celltype of AnyRecordFieldCell of a GGC nested table column named "Remarks" to "RichText". At runtime when I try to save a text in the RichText box that appears on clicking any cell in that column, I get a popup with the following error- Save Record: Cannot set column ''Remarks'' to ''{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033\{\fonttbl{\fo\fnil\fcharset0 Microsoft Sans Serif;}}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\fo\fs17 MorganStanley''\par} Attached is a gif of the error message. Can you tell me what is wrong and where? I am unable to replicate this error in another place. I am using ver 3.2.0.1. Another possible bug in the RichText control is that clicking on the ''center justify'' button actually left justifies the text and clicking on ''left justify'' centers the text. The functionalities of the two buttons seem to have been switched between themselves.

RichTextError.zip

3 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team December 20, 2005 04:29 PM UTC

Hi Anupama, >>Another possible bug in the RichText control is that clicking on the ''center justify'' button actually left justifies the text and clicking on ''left justify'' centers the text. The functionalities of the two buttons seem to have been switched between themselves. I was not able to see such an issue in this sample. Can you modify the same to see the issue? Regards, Stanley

AN Anupama December 21, 2005 04:27 AM UTC

Actually I see it now, the problem is not with the functionality of the two buttons but with the gifs on them. The ''left-aligned'' icon actually shows text that is centered and the ''center-aligned'' icon shows text that is left aligned. I could make this out now because I saw the tool-tip of the two buttons. The graphic on the icons are dont match what one would expect them to do. Were you able to determine a possible cause of my other problem (the one that pops an error on saving the rich text)? >Hi Anupama, > >>>Another possible bug in the RichText control is that clicking on the ''center justify'' button actually left justifies the text and clicking on ''left justify'' centers the text. The functionalities of the two buttons seem to have been switched between themselves. > >I was not able to see such an issue in this sample. Can you modify the same to see the issue? > >Regards, >Stanley

AN Anupama December 22, 2005 10:26 AM UTC

Can someone help me out with this problem of RichText cell type? If not a solution can you suggest a workaround? >I am facing a peculiar problem with the a RichText cell type in GGC. > >I have changed the celltype of AnyRecordFieldCell of a GGC nested table column named "Remarks" to "RichText". > >At runtime when I try to save a text in the RichText box that appears on clicking any cell in that column, I get a popup with the following error- > >Save Record: Cannot set column ''Remarks'' to ''{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033\{\fonttbl{\fo\fnil\fcharset0 Microsoft Sans Serif;}}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\fo\fs17 MorganStanley''\par} > >Attached is a gif of the error message. > >Can you tell me what is wrong and where? I am unable to replicate this error in another place. I am using ver 3.2.0.1. > >Another possible bug in the RichText control is that clicking on the ''center justify'' button actually left justifies the text and clicking on ''left justify'' centers the text. The functionalities of the two buttons seem to have been switched between themselves. >

RichTextError.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon