We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC : How to change readonly property of a childtable cell depending on another cell value?

I have created a GGC containing a master table and its related detail table. The master table contains "ApprovalState", "CompletedDate", "Outcome". The detail table contains "Role", "Outcome" and "Notes" to name a few fields. I have made all the cells in the GGC readonly=true by default. I need to now set the readonly property of the Outcome and Notes cells of *certain* child (detail) table cells to false, depending upon the value of the "Role" cell. More specifically, if the "Role" field of a child row is "Underwriter" I need to enable him to enter values in the "Outcome" and "Notes" fields corresponding to his row only. All other rows and fields must be uneditable for him. How can I achieve this?

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 21, 2005 05:32 AM UTC

Hi Anupama, By handling the QueryCellStyleInfo event, the styles of individual cells can be changed. See the attached sample for details. ConditionallySettingRowStyle.zip Regards, Leo.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 21, 2005 06:13 AM UTC

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. >Hi Anupama, > >By handling the QueryCellStyleInfo event, the styles of individual cells can be changed. See the attached sample for details. > >ConditionallySettingRowStyle.zip > > >Regards, >Leo.

AN Anupama December 21, 2005 06:14 AM UTC

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. >Hi Anupama, > >By handling the QueryCellStyleInfo event, the styles of individual cells can be changed. See the attached sample for details. > >ConditionallySettingRowStyle.zip > > >Regards, >Leo.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team January 28, 2018 01:39 PM UTC

Thank you

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team January 29, 2018 04:26 AM UTC

Hi Denis, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are glad to hear that the provided solution was resolved your scenario.   

Please let us know, if you have any other queries. 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon