We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Multirow records in a GridContol

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

38795 Dec 19,2005 02:31 PM Dec 20,2005 01:07 PM Windows Forms 5
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On December 19, 2005 02:31 PM

I want to display data in a grid with multiple rows per record - something like a Quicken style grid. I realize there is built-in functionality in the GridDataBoundGrid for doing this, however the data I have comes from different sources and is not in a IList compatible container. Is there any support in the GridControl to for displaying data where 1 logical row is represented by 2 or more physical grid rows?

stanleyj [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 20, 2005 01:43 AM

Hi MattC, You can create the look and feel of the Quicken style grid with Grid Control. This would basically involve border settings, covered cells and related cell types. Please take a look at grid\samples\databound\multirowrecord, to see if that is of your interest. Regards, Stanley

Replied On December 20, 2005 08:57 AM

Thanks Stanley. I''ve seen grid\samples\databound\multirowrecord sample; it uses the GridDataBoundGrid. I want to use the cell-oriented GridControl. Is there any sample code using the GridControl in this manner?

stanleyj [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 20, 2005 10:44 AM

Hi MattC, We do not have a sample at present but some samples are getting ready. If you provide some snap shots of your requirement, we may suggest you solutions to get the things done. Regards, Stanley

Replied On December 20, 2005 11:18 AM

Stanley, the requirement would be to duplicate the functionality of the grid\samples\databound\multirowrecord sample, but use the GridControl instead of the GridDataBoundGrid control. Thanks Matt

stanleyj [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 20, 2005 01:07 PM

Hi MattC, Here is a rough try. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Forum_38795_2f25def3.zip Best regards, Stanley

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;