We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PercentTextBox problem when moving from VS2003 to VS2005

Hi there, We used a percenttextbox for a field on a dialog when we were using VS2003. We have since migrated to VS2005. Just now I tried to open that dialog again in designer, and it crashed. It also crashed when trying to open this dialog at runtime. I discovered the culprit to be the PercentTextBox instance. I could not quickwatch it or anything, and once I removed it the problem went away. The exceptions were things like OutOfMemoryException and StackOverflowException. Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? Thanks.

2 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 19, 2005 10:03 PM UTC

Hi Terry, If you are using version 3.3 with VS.NET 2005, we strongly recommend that you move to version 4.1 instead (beta 2 has been posted in the general forum). Many of the controls built against version 1.1 of the framework are not compatible with VS 2005. Best regards, Daniel >Hi there, > >We used a percenttextbox for a field on a dialog when we were using VS2003. We have since migrated to VS2005. Just now I tried to open that dialog again in designer, and it crashed. It also crashed when trying to open this dialog at runtime. I discovered the culprit to be the PercentTextBox instance. I could not quickwatch it or anything, and once I removed it the problem went away. The exceptions were things like OutOfMemoryException and StackOverflowException. > >Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? > >Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2005 01:29 AM UTC

Yes that is the case. I will have to talk to our resident keeper of all things Syncfusion-y. >Hi Terry, > >If you are using version 3.3 with VS.NET 2005, we strongly recommend that you move to version 4.1 instead (beta 2 has been posted in the general forum). Many of the controls built against version 1.1 of the framework are not compatible with VS 2005. > >Best regards, >Daniel > >>Hi there, >> >>We used a percenttextbox for a field on a dialog when we were using VS2003. We have since migrated to VS2005. Just now I tried to open that dialog again in designer, and it crashed. It also crashed when trying to open this dialog at runtime. I discovered the culprit to be the PercentTextBox instance. I could not quickwatch it or anything, and once I removed it the problem went away. The exceptions were things like OutOfMemoryException and StackOverflowException. >> >>Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? >> >>Thanks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon