We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC 4.102.0.4 only copies the first cell in a selected range

I installed the beta yesterday. My grid grouping control (3.302.0.15) used to allow me to select a range of rows from the master table, then use the CTRL-C to copy the contents of this range to the clipboard. But the new ggc only brings the first selected cell to the clipboard. Are there new settings that control this? or did I find a defect in the beta?

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2005 04:15 PM UTC

The only copy support currently available in GridGroupingControl is the support inherited from GridControlBase. But there are 2 types of selection support, one specific to GridGroupingControl and the other inherited from GridControlBase. So, if you want to use the inheroed copy support, you must also use the inherited selection support. Here is a little sample shoingthe property settings for noth type of selection support. In the inherited support, you can copy multiple rows to the textbox on the form. In the selection support specific to GridGroupingControl, you only get the first cell. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_Copy_dc20c1ef.zip

JM Jay Mooney December 15, 2005 04:53 PM UTC

>The only copy support currently available in GridGroupingControl is the support inherited from GridControlBase. > >But there are 2 types of selection support, one specific to GridGroupingControl and the other inherited from GridControlBase. > >So, if you want to use the inheroed copy support, you must also use the inherited selection support. Here is a little sample shoingthe property settings for noth type of selection support. In the inherited support, you can copy multiple rows to the textbox on the form. In the selection support specific to GridGroupingControl, you only get the first cell. > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_Copy_dc20c1ef.zip > >

JM Jay Mooney December 15, 2005 04:54 PM UTC

I am using those settings, and in version 3.3 I was able to copy a range of cells. However, once I installed the 4.102.0.4 assemblies it limited me to copying the contents of the current cell.

JM Jay Mooney December 15, 2005 05:06 PM UTC

I tried this: this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.Any; Then I tried this: this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.None; this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.AllowSelection = GridSelectionFlags.Any; Both give me the contents of the CurrentCell. Neither give me a larger range. >Exactly what settings are you using? > >I see exactly the same behavior in 3.3 and 4.1 in the sample I uploaded. Using setting 1, I only get one cell copied. Using setting 2, I get multiple cells copied. This works the same for me whetehr I link to 3.3 or 4.1. > >If you want to copy multiple cells, then you need to set the properties as in setting 2 within the sample.

JM Jay Mooney December 15, 2005 05:09 PM UTC

I tried both, but got the same results. >Exactly what settings are you using? > >I see exactly the same behavior in 3.3 and 4.1 in the sample I uploaded. Using setting 1, I only get one cell copied. Using setting 2, I get multiple cells copied. This works the same for me whetehr I link to 3.3 or 4.1. > >If you want to copy multiple cells, then you need to set the properties as in setting 2 within the sample.

JM Jay Mooney December 15, 2005 05:16 PM UTC

I found it. Setting ActivateCurrentCellBehavior to GridCellActivateAction.SelectAll after setting the AllowSelection flag causes the problem. I commented out that line and got the contents of my selection copied to the clipboard.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2005 05:25 PM UTC

Exactly what settings are you using? I see exactly the same behavior in 3.3 and 4.1 in the sample I uploaded. Using setting 1, I only get one cell copied. Using setting 2, I get multiple cells copied. This works the same for me whetehr I link to 3.3 or 4.1. If you want to copy multiple cells, then you need to set the properties as in setting 2 within the sample.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon