We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Row Position

Hi, I have a GDBG which is bound to a collection that implements IBindingList. There is a 2 level parent to child record relationship hierarchy. In the parent collection I fire a ListChanged event when a row is changed and naturally include the index of the row in the parent collection. However in the event handler the index of the parent collection is not the same as the row index on the grid as there may be other child rows expanded. How can I translate a parent collection index to grid index, taking into account other expanded rows? Thanks Chris.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2005 03:58 PM UTC

I think you will have to iterate through the objects in the parent table adding up the rows occupied by parent rows and expanded children until you find the object you seek. Here is a little sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GDBG_FindParentObjectInGrid_df67f7bd.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon