We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridControl : CellType Currency is broken

I am using a GridControl and with CellType of Currency. This was working alright in version 3.2.1.0, however after upgrading to 3.3.0 the behavior is wierd. When I try to delete a currency cell say 1.23, the value toggles with a (1.23). I tried to change the UICulture and set the negative symbol and that sorta fixed that problem. However why should I be setting some irrelevant property to a cell that does not need any culture specific stuff or can never be negative. I just want to be able to hit a delete to clear the contents of the cell. I still don''t know how to get over this problem. I set the UICulture & negative symbol. The cell contents delete fine, however hit the delete key a few times the cursor stays after the decimal like this 0.|000 & when I type 1.23 for example using the keyboard I get .231.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2005 05:07 PM UTC

I just tried deleting values in the CurrencyCells sample that we shiping using both 3.3 and 4.1, and did not see the behavior you described. Do you see the behavior in the sample we ship? Can you upload a sample project showing the problem or tell us how to see it in the sample we ship?

AR Arun December 14, 2005 11:35 PM UTC

Here is the sample project, I created a GridControl and had my cells set as Currency. The problem is with CurrencyEdit.CurrencySymbol. I don''t want the $ symbol to displayed in my particular scenario. The first cell has the CurrencyEdit.CurrencySymbol set to "". Selecting the cell and hitting Home takes me to the start of the cell. On deleting the contents get deleted properly. However the cursor stays after the decimal point like 0.|000 and when I enter 1.23 using the keyboard I get 0.231 The second cell has the CurrencyEdit.CurrencySymbol set to "$". Selecting the cell and hitting Home takes me to the start of the cell. On deleting the contents the deletion stops before my decimal point. For example the input I gave was 123.456 and hitting delete gets me to 000.456. This is the behavior I observed with your samples too. I want a Grid Cell that would show 3 decimal places and 3 number digits. I would appreciate if you could show me a simple workaround to this. >I just tried deleting values in the CurrencyCells sample that we shiping using both 3.3 and 4.1, and did not see the behavior you described. Do you see the behavior in the sample we ship? > >Can you upload a sample project showing the problem or tell us how to see it in the sample we ship? > >

WindowsApplication114.zip

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team December 16, 2005 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Arun, A defect has been logged. Here is the link to the open issues. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1243 Regards, Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon