We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Table cell style and formats

Greetings, I have noticed that to assign a style to a header row, I have to loop throgh the header row cells. Is there any other way to assign a style to a header row? Also, the data table has a date field, which upon renedering in the PDF takes a long format appending redundant 12:00:00 AM. Could you please advise how to eliminate this and keep the date in a short format?... Thanks, Igor

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 13, 2005 07:16 PM UTC

Sorry, one more thing... Is there any way to determine a coordinate (or at least a Y-coordinate) where a table ends on a page? Thanks. >Greetings, >I have noticed that to assign a style to a header row, I have to loop throgh the header row cells. Is there any other way to assign a style to a header row? >Also, the data table has a date field, which upon renedering in the PDF takes a long format appending redundant 12:00:00 AM. >Could you please advise how to eliminate this and keep the date in a short format?... > >Thanks, >Igor

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2005 09:34 PM UTC

Hi Igor, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 1) Currently the only way is to loop through all the cells in the header and assigning styles individually. However, I understand that it is inconvenient and will create a Feature request with the development team to make it easier to format header rows. 2) This can be done but you would have to manually format the DateTime string and then insert into into the PDF Table. The latest version of Essential PDF (version 4.1) has support for manually entering data in a PDF Table. Here is a sample to demonstrate the usage F38455FormatDateColumnInDataTable.zip 3) The ITable.Publish method returns the size of the Table which can be used to compute the position of the table. Here is a sample InsertTables_2003.zip Please get the latest version of Essential PDF from here http://syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=38226 Thanks, Stephen.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 16, 2005 02:20 PM UTC

Morning Stephen, Thank you for your reply. 1.- I already implemented a header myself (actually, the same way you just advised) 2.- We are currently using 3.3.0 on VS2003. Could you please assess a risk and benefits upgrading from 3.3.0 to 4.1? We mainly need the PDF component and it should be worth making the step up(! - I hope...) to 4.1. Also, the project has its schedule and we need justifications to factor in the upgrade... 3.- Table end...I know it is easy to determine the coordinate where a table ends when it does end on the same page. BUT WHAT I NEED IS a Y-coordinate of a table''s end when the table MAY SPREAD TO SEVERAL PAGES. 4.- This is actually from another thread - "Publishing a table in the middle". I consolidate everything in one, so it will be easier for you to follow. Example to have a table in the middle does not apply. Please read my description - I have a header on the page and unles i remove the header, my table disappear and the following page has just a border line above the header with an X-coordinate the same as for the table?!...If there is not header, the table is placed correctly on the page! Also, how about Row.Header property in 3.3.0 Does it work? Thanks. >Hi Igor, > >Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. > >1) Currently the only way is to loop through all the cells in the header and assigning styles individually. However, I understand that it is inconvenient and will create a Feature request with the development team to make it easier to format header rows. > >2) This can be done but you would have to manually format the DateTime string and then insert into into the PDF Table. The latest version of Essential PDF (version 4.1) has support for manually entering data in a PDF Table. Here is a sample to demonstrate the usage > >F38455FormatDateColumnInDataTable.zip > >3) The ITable.Publish method returns the size of the Table which can be used to compute the position of the table. Here is a sample > >InsertTables_2003.zip > >Please get the latest version of Essential PDF from here > >http://syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=38226 > >Thanks, > >Stephen.

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team December 19, 2005 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Igor, 1) Essential PDF 4.1 version has many added advantages. Some of the features added include, · Vector images support has been enhanced. Essential PDF has support for working with emf, wmf and emf+ Image types. · 128 Bit Encryption support has been added. · New forward only mode for creating large tables which drastically reduces memory usage. · Support for inserting Barcode (Preview version of Essential Barcode) · Beta version of a simple DOM that simplifies usage of the library. · Beta version of a converting DOC to PDF. And many bugs found in 3.3.0 have been fixed in this version. 2) We can determine the Y-coordinate of a table when the table spans for many pages. I have attached a sample for your reference http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/InsertTableinMiddle_ca106945.zip InsertTableinMiddle.zip 3) Currently we do not have support for setting Headers for Rows. I will contact the development team in this regard and send you an update regarding this. Thanks, Ajish.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2005 07:36 PM UTC

Thank you, Ajish. I guess this leaves only one question un-answared - as I had mentioned in my other post, I was trying to set a row height with tbl.Rows[i].Height=20.0f; but it did not seem to work. What could be a problem is such a simple assignment operation?... Thanks. >Hi Igor, > >1) Essential PDF 4.1 version has many added advantages. Some of the features added include, >· Vector images support has been enhanced. Essential PDF has support for working with emf, wmf and emf+ Image types. >· 128 Bit Encryption support has been added. >· New forward only mode for creating large tables which drastically reduces memory usage. >· Support for inserting Barcode (Preview version of Essential Barcode) >· Beta version of a simple DOM that simplifies usage of the library. >· Beta version of a converting DOC to PDF. >And many bugs found in 3.3.0 have been fixed in this version. > >2) We can determine the Y-coordinate of a table when the table spans for many pages. I have attached a sample for your reference >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/InsertTableinMiddle_ca106945.zip > > >InsertTableinMiddle.zip > > >3) Currently we do not have support for setting Headers for Rows. I will contact the development team in this regard and send you an update regarding this. > >Thanks, > >Ajish. >

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team December 20, 2005 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Igor, In Essential PDF 3.3.0 version the table.Rows[i].AutoHeight is set true by default. So before resizing row height set table.Rows[i].AutoHeight =false. I have attached a sample for your reference. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/TableRowHeight_11445239.zip TableRowHeight.zip Please try this and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Ajish.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon