We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Copied Symbol while moving looks differently

Hi, We have an issue with the Symbols. Our symbol is a Custom Symbol Class inheriting from Symbol and which dynamically creates the Ports depending on data in an XML file. When we do a copy and a Paste of the Custom Symbol and when we move the copied Symbol, we see what is shown in the attached jpg file. When we move the original custom Symbol as marked within red, it''s very much fine, but when we move a copied symbol [marked within blue] it looks differently. Note: See attachment for details Regards, Vinod

Symbol After ClipBoard Copy0.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 13, 2005 08:07 PM UTC

Hi Vinod, This looks like the problem could be tied to your implementation. The DiagramBuilder sample shows clipboard copy/paste of symbols, and it works perfectly. Please try using your symbol with the DiagramBuilder sample and see if that works as expected. If copy/paste of your symbol works normally with the DiagramBuilder sample then you could try comparing the DiagramBuilder implementation with that of your application to see if you can determine the problem. If this does not work then please send us a small sample along with your symbol palette that will let us reproduce the problem, and we will look into the issue. Regards, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2005 05:41 AM UTC

Hi Prakash, I have to do a custom cut paste in our application. When the user clicks on the cut, we wouldn''t want the object to be removed from the diagram. Instead the object would remain in the diagram, but the symbols would now appear as dashed. When the object is pasted, I move the symbols to a new position where it is pasted and then delete the dashed object. This in our application has been successfully tried across different worksheets as well. The object which is pasted to a new position when moved appears differently. I am attaching the Cut/Paste code which I had tried. Note:- Apart from that in my code I am not able to move the links properly to the new position if I have cut 2 functionblocks which has a link attached to it. Rgds, Vinod >Hi Vinod, > >This looks like the problem could be tied to your implementation. The DiagramBuilder sample shows clipboard copy/paste of symbols, and it works perfectly. Please try using your symbol with the DiagramBuilder sample and see if that works as expected. If copy/paste of your symbol works normally with the DiagramBuilder sample then you could try comparing the DiagramBuilder implementation with that of your application to see if you can determine the problem. If this does not work then please send us a small sample along with your symbol palette that will let us reproduce the problem, and we will look into the issue. > >Regards, >Prakash Surendra >Syncfusion Inc.,

Sample9.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 21, 2005 06:58 AM UTC

Hi, Based on the sample code which I had attached for the Custom Cut/Copy/Paste when I do a Paste 2 symbols connected by a link, I get what is attached in the jpg''s attached in this post. I am attaching the jpg''s as that would give good idea of what I am talking about. Why I am I not able to move the links properly even after adding that to the move command. ? Note:- 1. FnBlock before Cut-Paste.JPG - This is how I have linked the 2 Custom Symbols with my custom link. In this image I have selected the 2 symbols alongwith the connection. 2. FnBlock after Cut.JPG - After doing a cut operation on the Selected Nodes, I dash the lines of the Symbols alone and this is how it looks 3. selection to be pasted at a location.JPG - This image shows how I do a Paste Operation at the new location. 4. Selection after paste at a new location.JPG - This image shows how my symbols appear after moving to the new location. You can see how the links appear even after I move the links. How can I move the links relative to the previous position or how can I redraw a connection between the ports at the new location ? Regards, Vinod

CutPaste0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon