We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ver. 4.1 cannot active Link Tool via popup menu item or menu bar item

I migrated to v4.1 from v3.3. It works well with v3.3. With v4.1, It seems that link tool only can be activated by button. It''s annoying! Please help, Denny

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 13, 2005 04:18 PM UTC

Hi Denny, We are not aware of this issue. How were you activating the LinkTool? Can you provide more details on the problem. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

DH Denny Huang December 14, 2005 01:58 AM UTC

Hi Prakash, I activate LinkTool by barItem Click event. Here is my code snippet. /////////////////////////// private: System::Void barItemLink_Click(System::Object * sender, System::EventArgs * e) { this->PathDiagram->Model->DefaultLayerName = "Layer_Link"; this->pathDiagram->ActivateTool("LinkTool"); } ///////////////////////////////////////// Thanks, Denny >Hi Denny, > >We are not aware of this issue. How were you activating the LinkTool? Can you provide more details on the problem. > >Thanks, >Prakash Surendra >Syncfusion Inc.,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2005 01:41 AM UTC

Denny, I tested this situation with the 4.1 beta by trying to activate the LinkTool from a barItem_Click event handler in the DiagramBuilder sample, and it works as expected without any problems. Can you send us a small sample that shows the condition? Being able to view the problem will make it easier for us to look into the issue. Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

DH Denny Huang December 15, 2005 06:34 AM UTC

Hi Prakash, Please check the attached, Thanks, Denny >Denny, > >I tested this situation with the 4.1 beta by trying to activate the LinkTool from a barItem_Click event handler in the DiagramBuilder sample, and it works as expected without any problems. Can you send us a small sample that shows the condition? Being able to view the problem will make it easier for us to look into the issue. > >Prakash Surendra >Syncfusion Inc.,

Link.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2005 07:55 PM UTC

Hi Denny, It looks like the Link Tool failing to get activated in response to the menu item click event is due to a problem in the Essential Tool''s XP Menus implementation. I noticed that your sample''s ''barItem1_Click'' BarItem click event handler is never getting summoned when the menu item is clicked. The link tool activation works as expected, and you can verify this by simply moving the link activation routine to a button click handler. Based on a cursory investigation of the issue it seems like the XP Menus designer is failing to generate the correct code for wiring up the BarItem event handlers. I have notified the Essential Tools team about the problem. You can expect to get an update from one of our Tools'' technical staff on the issue. Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

DH Denny Huang December 21, 2005 03:32 AM UTC

Hi Prakash, Thanks for your help. I will be waiting for the update. Denny >Hi Denny, > >It looks like the Link Tool failing to get activated in response to the menu item click event is due to a problem in the Essential Tool''s XP Menus implementation. I noticed that your sample''s ''barItem1_Click'' BarItem click event handler is never getting summoned when the menu item is clicked. The link tool activation works as expected, and you can verify this by simply moving the link activation routine to a button click handler. > >Based on a cursory investigation of the issue it seems like the XP Menus designer is failing to generate the correct code for wiring up the BarItem event handlers. I have notified the Essential Tools team about the problem. You can expect to get an update from one of our Tools'' technical staff on the issue. > >Prakash Surendra >Syncfusion Inc., > >

DH Denny Huang December 23, 2005 05:33 AM UTC

Hi Prakash, It works fine from menuitem of menu bar on v4.1.0.10, but doesn''t from pop up menu. Please check, Denny >Hi Prakash, >Thanks for your help. >I will be waiting for the update. > >Denny > > >>Hi Denny, >> >>It looks like the Link Tool failing to get activated in response to the menu item click event is due to a problem in the Essential Tool''s XP Menus implementation. I noticed that your sample''s ''barItem1_Click'' BarItem click event handler is never getting summoned when the menu item is clicked. The link tool activation works as expected, and you can verify this by simply moving the link activation routine to a button click handler. >> >>Based on a cursory investigation of the issue it seems like the XP Menus designer is failing to generate the correct code for wiring up the BarItem event handlers. I have notified the Essential Tools team about the problem. You can expect to get an update from one of our Tools'' technical staff on the issue. >> >>Prakash Surendra >>Syncfusion Inc., >> >>

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon