We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

TreeNode Parent Changed

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

38422 Dec 12,2005 05:25 PM Mar 7,2006 08:08 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: Tools
Jeff Lancaster
Asked On December 12, 2005 05:25 PM

Suppose I have a tree which allows the user to drag nodes from on parent to another. I am looking for an event I can catch or some way to tell in code when this has happened. I would''ve thought this would be easy but pehaps I''m just overlooking something - is there an event that fires for this?

Deepa TS [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 13, 2005 09:58 AM

Hi Jeff, I am looking into this and will get back to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your feedback and thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Deepa.T.S

Deepa TS [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 14, 2005 07:32 AM

Hi Jeff, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. In a treeViewAdv ,during the dragdrop operation of nodes from one Parent node to another Parent node the ParentChange event has to trigger,but it fails to work so, I have logged a bug report regarding this issue. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1227 ParentChange Event is not triggered in treeviewAdv during drag and drop. Regarding this issue you could track the status of this bug fix in the above link. Thanks for your patience and interest in Syncfusion products. Best regards, Deepa.T.S

Deepa TS [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 7, 2006 08:08 AM

Hi Jeff, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. After consulting with the developer,it is confirmed that there is no specific event for this behavior in treeViewAdv control.It can be done by checking in TreeViewAdv DragDrop event.That is by comparing the Source node parent with the destination nodes parent node in DragDrop event to ensure the parent change while drag drop. I have attached the modified sample.It tells you clearly that ,while dragdrop if previous Source Node''s parent is not same as the Destination Node''s parent,then the parentchange is shown in MessageBox. Please take a look at it and let me know if this helps you. Thanks for your continued interest in Syncfusion Products. Regards, Deepa.T.S

CS12.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;