We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

V4.1.0.4 Assembly Manager

The assembly manager in the V4.1.0.4 Beta is just a console app rather than the normal GUI app supplied. The GUI version of that app in previous versions of Essential Suite is really useful in switching between versions and in particular switching between the Debug and pre-built versions of the DLLs. Can you supply some example command line usages for the assembly manager? I haven''t been able to figure out what it expects in terms of a "version" parameter. Is it possible to switch between debug and pre-built libraries using the command line assembly manager? Note: It''s really useful to be able to switch to the debug version of the DLLs in beta versions. The debug version makes it practical to track faults and identify whether the fault is due to application or Beta Ess. Studio code.

5 Replies

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 12, 2005 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Apolon, The version of the assembly manager that ships with V4.1.0.4 does not support switching to debug mode. The next build will support switching and also provide an user interface. The current version supports installation and uninstallation to the GAC and the Public assemblies folder. Thank you for using Syncfusion products. Best regards, Daniel >The assembly manager in the V4.1.0.4 Beta is just a console app rather than the normal GUI app supplied. The GUI version of that app in previous versions of Essential Suite is really useful in switching between versions and in particular switching between the Debug and pre-built versions of the DLLs. > >Can you supply some example command line usages for the assembly manager? I haven''t been able to figure out what it expects in terms of a "version" parameter. > >Is it possible to switch between debug and pre-built libraries using the command line assembly manager? > >Note: It''s really useful to be able to switch to the debug version of the DLLs in beta versions. The debug version makes it practical to track faults and identify whether the fault is due to application or Beta Ess. Studio code.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 28, 2005 09:20 AM UTC

V4.1.0.10 now has a GUI assembly manager, but still doesn''t have the option for installing a debug version of the DLLs. Any chance of that feature being available soon? I miss being able to just be able to step into the Syncfusion source code from my app without any major solution set up work.

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 28, 2005 02:25 PM UTC

Hi Apolon, Yes, it will be available soon (certainly before the final release of version 4.l). Thank you for using Syncfusion products. Best regards, Daniel >V4.1.0.10 now has a GUI assembly manager, but still doesn''t have the option for installing a debug version of the DLLs. Any chance of that feature being available soon? I miss being able to just be able to step into the Syncfusion source code from my app without any major solution set up work.

SH Sue Harris January 16, 2006 05:26 AM UTC

Hi, Is there any update on when this new Beta version with debug source will be available? I''ve still got a couple of issues going to v4.1 which I pretty much need to debug source to be able to track down. Thanks, Sue

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team January 16, 2006 05:29 AM UTC

Hi Sue, There will be a version posted on Tuesday that will have this feature. Best regards, Daniel >Hi, > >Is there any update on when this new Beta version with debug source will be available? I''ve still got a couple of issues going to v4.1 which I pretty much need to debug source to be able to track down. > >Thanks, >Sue

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon