We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MATCH and INDEX functions

I''m evaluating XlsIO and Calculate for a project I''m working on and can''t get my existing spreadsheet to load using the CreateFromXLS method. As far as I can see there is no specific error information provided so I assume that it is becase my template spreadsheet uses functions that are not provide by Calculate which include MATCH and INDEX. Anybody had a go at writing these? Where do I look for the reason that the spreadsheet failed to load?

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 11, 2005 02:58 PM UTC

Does the error you get show the exception text "XlsIO cannot load the file." that is displayed in ExcelRWCalcWorkbook.CreateFromXLS as the statement wb = ExcelUtils.Open(fileName); is executed, or does it come at some other place? If it is from the ExcelUtils.Open call, then you haven''t gotten to a place where missing methods like MATCH and INDEX would matter yet.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 11, 2005 10:40 PM UTC

>Does the error you get show the exception text "XlsIO cannot load the file." that is displayed in ExcelRWCalcWorkbook.CreateFromXLS as the statement wb = ExcelUtils.Open(fileName); is executed, Yup. That''s is the place. or does it come at some other place? If it is from the ExcelUtils.Open call, then you haven''t gotten to a place where missing methods like MATCH and INDEX would matter yet.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2005 08:35 AM UTC

If you see the "XlsIO cannot load the file." message in your output window, the this suggests that XlsIO has a problem reading the XLS file. If this is the case, the easiest way to track it down is for your to send us the spreadsheet through email or Direc-Trac and we could fix the issue here within a couple of days. The problem with incorrect parsing of the document is usually it is not possible to remove a specific feature in the spreadsheet so that it can be opened without any problems. It almost always requires a code change from our side. There is also a possibility that these issues are already fixed in version 4.1 which we could test here. So, if you open an XlsIO Direct Trac support incident and upload the file with it, that would be the quickest way to resolve this problem.

BJ Brian J. Burnett December 12, 2005 07:57 PM UTC

>So, if you open an XlsIO Direct Trac support incident and upload the file with it, that would be the quickest way to resolve this problem. > > Hi Clay thanks for your offer to investigate this issue. Could you let me know your email address (offline) and I''ll email a copy to you.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2005 08:46 PM UTC

Please submit a Direct Trac support incident. Direct Trac maintains a tracking of the incident so it does not get lost or overlooked, and allows other engineers to be able to work on the question and see a history of the incident. Direct Trac will automatically submit your question to the proper engineer as long as you choose the proper product (XlsIO in this case). You can submit Direct Trac incidents without owning a product. Just register as a new user.

BJ Brian J. Burnett December 16, 2005 11:33 AM UTC

I''m afraid that the content and subject matter of the spreadsheet are just too commerically sensitive to send it to you. Do you have a diagnostic that I can run on it? Could it be links to other spreadsheets or embedded SQL Queries? Do you have a list of Excel features that are not supported or is it the case that XlsIO should be able to preserve Excel features when reading then writing back out to biff8 and what I''m seeing is a bug?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 17, 2005 09:15 AM UTC

Hi Brian, 1) I understand your concern for sending confidential information. Would it help if we fax a signed NDA?. This would be the ideal choice since we are usually able to fix issues within days once we have the file. 2) Currently we do not have any special logging utility that would help us identify the problem. Here are a couple of things that you can try a) If the spreadsheet that you are trying to was not created using MS Excel, then open the file in MS Excel and then resave the file. b) Eventhough XlsIO cannot parse all the sections of the spreadsheet it is usually able to preserve all features in the template spreadsheet so it is a bug that you are encountering. c) Please try the latest version since the problem could have already been fixed. http://syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=38226 Thanks, Stephen. >I''m afraid that the content and subject matter of the spreadsheet are just too commerically sensitive to send it to you. > >Do you have a diagnostic that I can run on it? > >Could it be links to other spreadsheets or embedded SQL Queries? > >Do you have a list of Excel features that are not supported or is it the case that XlsIO should be able to preserve Excel features when reading then writing back out to biff8 and what I''m seeing is a bug? >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon