We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DockingManager Floating DockHost Hidden in MDI Forms

Hello. I have an odd problem with the docking manager on a MDI form. When my MDI child form closes, I cancel the event to save system resources. If there is a control floating then the floating toolbar does not disappear. The user may force it to disappear by clicking on the floating toolbar and then clicking on the MDI parent form. Also, when I reopen the child form the floating toolbar reappears behind my main form. The floating toolbar is also not topmost and does not appear to be child of any parent form. Here is how I am canceling the MDI child form closing: private void Form_Closing(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) { this.Visible = false ; e.Cancel = true ; } Attached is step-by-step how the problem presented itself. Also, I have a WebEx account. If you want to see the problem first hand, let me know. Thanks in advance, Bryant

Floating toolbar problem.zip

2 Replies

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team December 12, 2005 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Bryant, Thanks for your screen shots. I was able to reproduce your problem and I have logged a bug report regarding this: Floating window goes behind the MDI form after hide and show the MDI child form. You could track the status of the bug fix at the above link. As a workaround, you could set the visible property as false for the floating form whenever you change the visible property for the form. I have created a small sample to reproduce your problem. In this attached sample, File menu consist of the following baritems: Open, Show, CloseChildForm and Exit. Open - It will create a new form, if form does not exist in the MDI container. Show - It will show the form, If form has been hidden. CloseChildForm - It will permenantly close the form. And also I have included some code in the form2 Closing event and VisibleChanged event to show or hide the floating window explicitly. Please take a look at the attached test sample and let me know if this helps you. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Vijay Test Sample

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team December 29, 2005 11:17 AM UTC

Hi Bryant, The Defect - 1210 has been fixed internally and it will be available in our final release of v4.1. I will let you know about the download details for the final release very soon. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Vijay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon