We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion Version 2.0

So guys where is the Syncfusion Essential Suite 2.0 that was supposed to be ready around the end of March. With Visual Studio 2003 just around the corner are you going to try to have 2.0 out by it's release at the end of this month along with updated samples.

21 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2003 07:25 PM UTC

Hi Steve, There were a lot of updates in Tools and Grid that warranted an intermediate release. Therefore, we have moved the dates for 2.0 a bit (end May) but will be releasing most of the features planned for 2.0 as part of the 1.6 release later this month. Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Suite. Best regards, Daniel Syncfusion, Inc

DB Daniel Bright May 1, 2003 10:23 PM UTC

Will existing owners of the Essential Suite (+source) be entitled to an upgrade, or will it be a seperate purchace?

AN Alexandre Nicholas May 2, 2003 04:04 PM UTC

> Will existing owners of the Essential Suite (+source) be entitled to an upgrade, or will it be a seperate purchace? i have to know if i buy essential suite now before end may, i will need to purchase the upgrade? Do i have to wait ? thanks

SG Steve Graddy May 2, 2003 11:29 PM UTC

Daniel can you give an estimate to the 1.6 release timeframe. I now have VS.NET 2003 loaded and am thinking about moving the application that I am devloping to VS.NET 2003. I had already been having designer problems in VS.NET 2002 (which you guys helped me handle really nicely) but I don't want to move to VS.NET 2003 until you have everthing locked down and under control.

BR Brastel May 4, 2003 11:11 AM UTC

1.6 when ? Regards...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 6, 2003 08:54 PM UTC

Everyone, 1.6 will be a free upgrade if you buy now. It will be available before the end of next week. Thank you for choosing Syncfusion. Best regards, Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 21, 2003 10:15 AM UTC

Daniel, can you give a new date for the release of the 1.6? Reeeeally looking forward to it (but need it _soon_). Regards, ME

SR Stefano Rancati May 21, 2003 11:53 AM UTC

Hi to all, what I'd like from a so serious company as Syncfusion (I'm really satiesfied from the Essential Suite products!) is a news web page, updated quite frequently indicating the roadmap for future releases. Delays in a real big project are regular ! A very good 'nice-to-have' it is information about scheduling, with some justification about them (delays). Best Regards and good work, Stefano

SG Steve Graddy May 22, 2003 11:11 PM UTC

Well I see that Essential Suite 1.6 is out or so the home page says. But where can us guys with susbscriptions find it. Anxiously waiting for download link....

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 24, 2003 03:10 PM UTC

Everyone, Sorry for the delay. The final build of 1.6 is not available yet. It will be 3-4 days before it is available. As soon as it becomes available, we will send download instructions to all eligible customers. We completely agree for the need for a new section that would keep customers updated. We are working on a completely new website which will have great support for announcing updates/news in several categories and will also include a RSS feed that you can subscribe to. Best regards, Daniel Syncfusion, Inc

HP Holger Persch June 6, 2003 08:28 AM UTC

Hello, I'm a little bit confused about the announcement of Essential Suite V1.6. Is it already available, or not? If yes, how to get it? Regards, Holger

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 6, 2003 11:37 AM UTC

There is a RC1 version of 1.6 with the final release probably by the end of next week. Read the release notes: http://www.syncfusion.net/squiffler/patches/v1606/readme.htm Download the RC1 installation (~59meg): http://www.syncfusion.net/squiffler/patches/v1606/syncfusionessentialsuitesetup.exe

SG Steve Graddy June 16, 2003 12:15 PM UTC

Is there an update as to when Syncfusion Suite 1.6 Final will be released. I noticed your link to RC1 but I would really wait for the final if it is not going too be much longer.

SR Stefano Rancati June 16, 2003 01:05 PM UTC

replacing 1606 in 1608 in the previous links I've discovered a new release ! RC 2 ? Final one ? Temporary release ?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 16, 2003 02:18 PM UTC

1608 is not the final release. We have made a couple of changes to that release. So maybe 1609 will be golden.

SH Sue Harris November 20, 2003 03:03 AM UTC

Hi Guys & Girls, I've been watching closing the newsgroups waiting for the 2.0 beta, seeing the large number of threads starting, all of which basically have asked the same thing (when will it be ready). It brought to memory this thread/post, which I really thought was a great idea. Having a news and roadmap page which Syncfusion updates regularly (daily when its as close to a release as it currently is), would be a huge boon to all of us waiting for the next release/beta, and may cut down on the number of basically repretitive threads, hopefully saving the Syncfusion guys some time from answering everyones questions. I certainly would not expect a huge amount of details for announcements of the progress of a project, but it would have been really nice through this week to have seen a daily entry which basically said "Still commenting and testing" or "Almost done, just another day or two", or even "Found a bug, retesting will take a few more days". I think a lot of the frustration for everyone has been the dragging on of the deadline, while we have no ideas whats happening, and the Syncfusion people are continually being pestered by us as to whats happening, which would delay and frustrate them. Hopefully something like this idea would help us all know whats happening, and save everyone from some frustration. If there were any concerns about effectively publishing the information in a public area, perhaps it could be added to the support center. I love the Syncfusion Essential Suite, it has many fabulous features and controls, and I congratulate the Syncfusion Team on a very nice suite of controls, with excellent support via these forums. I'd love the hear other peoples comments or thoughts on this idea. Regards, Sue > Hi to all, > > what I'd like from a so serious company as Syncfusion (I'm really satiesfied from the Essential Suite products!) is a news web page, updated quite frequently indicating the roadmap for future releases. > > Delays in a real big project are regular ! > > A very good 'nice-to-have' it is information about scheduling, with some justification about them (delays). > > Best Regards and good work, > > Stefano >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2003 04:17 AM UTC

Hi Sue, We have been thinking along these very lines. Our new website that will go up with the beta of version 2.0 will have a complete section devoted to product team blogs. We will post up to date information on these. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Daniel

PL Paul Laudeman November 21, 2003 05:57 PM UTC

Blogs are a great idea! I definitely look forward to seeing them. One thing that sets Syncfusion head and shoulders above the competition as far as I'm concerned is the communication and continued support devoted to your customer base. I'm very glad to see that you will be taking steps to increase this level of participation even further and I'm certain it will be a benefit to all of us. -Paul > Hi Sue, > > We have been thinking along these very lines. Our new website that will go up with the beta of version 2.0 will have a complete section devoted to product team blogs. We will post up to date information on these. Thank you for your patience. > > Best regards, > Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2003 07:53 PM UTC

Hi Paul, Thanks for the compliment. Makes our day :> Best regards, Daniel

SG Steve Graddy November 24, 2003 11:08 AM UTC

Like everyone else, I have been waiting for the new Essential Suite v2.0. I have tried not to be too impatient because I know that when the guys at Syncfusion release this package it will be a quality product. And if there are problems, their service and support will be far above anyone other component manufacture. Keep up the good work Syncfusion and release Essential Suite 2.0 when it is ready. I just wish you did ASP.NET components too and you could be my only component supplier. Thanks for all you help over the past year and HAPPY Thanksgiving to all...

RN Robert N Pardoe November 24, 2003 12:29 PM UTC

I would also purchase asp.net controls from you if you were going to produce them. Roll on v2. BOb

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon