We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Column style width

I''m charting a column-style series on a time-based x axis and am noticing that the column width seems based on a day, so that if my series consists of points spaced a year apart, the columns end up just looking like lines, apparently because the chart is zoomed out so far. I do know about ColumnWidthMode property on the chart. Is there a better way to make consistent-looking column widths than for me to set the width manually? Thanks, Terry

3 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team December 9, 2005 03:36 PM UTC

Hi Terry, There is a possibility of specifying the width of the column as the second y value. But this also requires the ColumnWidthMode to be set to either FixedWidthMode or RelativeWidthMode. Kindly refer the attached sample which illustrates this. Please let me know if you need any more clarifications. We will be glad to assist you. Thanks and Regards, Geetha

F38250.zip

TF Terry Foster December 9, 2005 06:08 PM UTC

I did more research and it does indeed appear that the default width is one day. Do you know if this is a property somewhere that I can set? If it is not exposed, could you point me to where in your code this is being detemined and maybe I could play with some overrides or something. This just seems like the exact property that I need, as opposed to the other ones we''ve talked about, unless I''m not understanding them fully. Thanks, Terry

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team December 12, 2005 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Terry, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I think I had misunderstood your question in the first post. You can set the width manually using the ColumnFixedWidth property. That is, when you set the ColumnWidthMode as FixedWidthMode, the default width taken will be 20. You can change this value by assigning your own value through the ColumnFixedWidth. The following is an illustration of this: this.chartControl1.ColumnWidthMode = ChartColumnWidthMode.FixedWidthMode ; this.chartControl1.ColumnFixedWidth = 40; I hope this helps you. Regards, Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon