We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridDataBoundGrid, IList and the FilterBar

I am attempting to bind to a GridDataBoundGrid to an object that supports IList. When I attempt to use a FilterBar, the header row disappears. Upon further invesitgation, it appears as if the FilterBar was only ment to be used on grids that are bound to DataTables. Does anybody have experience in getting the FilterBar to work with data sources other than DataTables?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 8, 2005 07:35 PM UTC

The GridDataBoundGrid uses a DataView object associated with a DataTable to implement filtering. So, the default filter support only works with a DataTable/DataView datasource. If you want filtering supported for an arbitrary IList object, you can use a GridGroupingControl.

CB Cody Barnes December 9, 2005 06:39 PM UTC

We are using the DataBoundGrid for several other nearly identical forms. Since the GridGroupingControl has a significantly different object model and some different behaviors, it will not work for us. I have gotten around the problem by having our datasource class supply a dataset and respond to all of the dataset events and keeps it synchronized with the underlying data. This round-about way of handling the data will work for our current situation, however I would like to request that future versions of the GridFilterBar be able to handle any datasources that implement IList. Thank you, -Cody Barnes

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon