We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Getting Object Instance for e.RowIndex

I am using a collection of business entity objects as data source for my GDBG. Everything is working my. In QueryCellInfo event I need to get the associated business object for e.RowIndex. How do I get it? If I use the following code I always get the object for the current selected row. CurrencyManager cm = this.gdbgMyGrid.BindingContext[gdbgMyGrid.DataSource, gdbgMyGrid.DataMember] as CurrencyManager; MyObject myObject = (MyObject)cm.Current; Please do help me. VS

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 7, 2005 07:01 PM UTC

Try: CurrencyManager cm = this.gdbgMyGrid.BindingContext[gdbgMyGrid.DataSource, gdbgMyGrid.DataMember] as CurrencyManager; MyObject myObject = (MyObject)cm.List[e.RowIndex - 1];

ST Sebastien Thuilliez December 8, 2005 02:08 PM UTC

Clay, is there any way to retrieve the object like you did above, for the displayed rows ... or a way to link displayed elements to CurrencyManager list. Thanks in advance. Seb

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 8, 2005 02:30 PM UTC

You can get the grid row indexes of th etop and bottom visible rows using: int topRowIndex = grid.TopRowIndex; int botRowIndex = grid.ViewLayout.LastVisibleRow; To map these to positions in the currencymanager list, you can use grid.Binder.RowIndexToPosition. int topPosition = grid.Binder.RowIndexToPosition(topRowIndex); int botPosition = grid.Binder.RowIndexToPosition(botRowIndex );

ST Sebastien Thuilliez December 8, 2005 02:48 PM UTC

Thanks for your answer Clay. Anyway I didn''t find the TopRowIndex neither the ViewLayout.LastVisibleRow ... are these method coming from GridControl or GridGroupingControl. My mistake, I didn''t gave you any information, more details : I''m using GridGroupingControl with FilterBar .. and due to the filter items I need to only apply computation/process on the displayed rows but the CurrencyManager give me all existing records. Thanks again for your time !

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 8, 2005 02:56 PM UTC

If you are using a GridGroupingControl, it is simpler to get the filtered list from the Table.Filteredrecords collection. This collection will hold exactly the records being displayed in the Table. DataRowView drv = this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.FilteredRecords[position].GetData() as DataRowView;

ST Sebastien Thuilliez December 8, 2005 03:17 PM UTC

Like you said, I used MyCustomObject myItem = null; myItem = groupingControl.Table.FilteredRecords[index].GetData() as MyCustomObject; and it works perfectly. It will simplify a lot my source code for this part. Thanks again for your quick and very effective support.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon