We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GridGroupingControl and listboxes

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

38131 Dec 6,2005 10:09 AM Dec 20,2005 11:30 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 3
Tags: Grouping
yves lothier
Asked On December 6, 2005 10:09 AM

Hello we are using a syncfusion GridGroupingControl to insert some products into our DB. We set the product hierarchy (family and type) and enter the product code. the hierarchy database table look like this : family1 type1 family1 type2 family2 type3 family2 type4 so the 2 first columns are listboxes (for family and type) and the third one is a normal text cell (for product code). it looks like this : family column | type column | product code ------------------------------------------ (listbox) | (listbox) | (textbox) the thing we would like to do is filter the type depending on the family selected : when I select family1 : only type1 and type2 should be available in the second list box when I select family2 : only type3 and type4 should be available in the second list box Is there a way to do that in the GridGroupingControl ? If yes, do you have an example to show me ? Thanks, Yves

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 8, 2005 12:31 PM

One way you can do this is to handle events and dynamically filter the droplist when it dropped using these events. Here is a little sample showing this. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_ComboBoxes_dbc554b7.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 9, 2005 12:32 PM

thanks just on thing : use the event CurrentCellChanged instead of CurrentCellChanging else it doesn''t update the first column.

yves lothier
Replied On December 20, 2005 11:30 AM

I''m using the same logic in my dev. But in fact I have a 3 columns table : ID, Label, ParentID I display the Label but I have the ID stored behind. and so the problem is that when I select a value in a combo, the next column datatable gets filtered and so the other lines can have ID displayed instead of Label because the dataTable is filtered for the whole column. So, is there a workaround ? Maybe it''s possible to set different datatable per cell not per column (but it seems a bit heavy) ? Thanks

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;