We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Your Metafile Example - Doesn''t Make Sense

I am looking to purchase a component that is capable of outputting metafiles to PDF documents. The whole point of a metafile is that they''re scalable. I have been looking at your metafile example where it ouputs a meta file (of a wedge of cash) to a PDF. I have checked and the original metafile is scalable. However, after running your example the metafile is seeming converted into a bitmap before it is put into the PDF... making it non-scalable. Can this component actually not cope with metafiles or have I missed somehthing?!

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 7, 2005 08:43 AM UTC

Hi Elziko, Yes, you are correct in pointing out that the sample does not make sense. The sample has not been updated in a while, the specific issue is that version 3.3 of Essential Studio only supports working with emf+ type metafiles. However this limitation has been removed in the latest version (4.1 which will be released (beta) later today). The latest version of Essential PDF can work with wmf, emf and emf+ type metafiles. The samples have also been updated to reflect this change. Here is a sample that was created with the latest internal version of Essential PDF Metafiles.zip Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks, Stephen. >I am looking to purchase a component that is capable of outputting metafiles to PDF documents. > >The whole point of a metafile is that they''re scalable. > >I have been looking at your metafile example where it ouputs a meta file (of a wedge of cash) to a PDF. I have checked and the original metafile is scalable. However, after running your example the metafile is seeming converted into a bitmap before it is put into the PDF... making it non-scalable. > >Can this component actually not cope with metafiles or have I missed somehthing?!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon