We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Symbol Designer

Some clues please! There''s no help file I can find for this I''m afraid ... My main problem is I''m trying to import an image (PNG) into my symbol and it always ends up being a small green blob no matter what file format/colour depth I use. It''s driving me nuts and I''ve got deadlines to meet!!! Thanks, Dave

3 Replies

DM David McHugh December 6, 2005 09:58 AM UTC

Addendum: Some attachments to show exactly what is happening...

screenshot5.zip

DM David McHugh December 6, 2005 11:34 AM UTC

Hmm. By going back and re-doing all the gfx work in vector format and saving as EMF, image importing works now. I wish I''d found that out before I did all the GFX as raster format!!!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 8, 2005 10:13 PM UTC

Hey Dave, I apologize for this delay in responding to your post. The last few days have been a little hectic out here with the 4.1 beta testing consuming pretty much all our time. As for this issue, I am a little surprised that you have been having trouble with png files. The Essential Diagram BitmapNode object that gets created when you attempt to insert an image simply uses the .NET Image class API for loading and drawing its image, and the fact that your image is a raster format png should make no difference. To be sure I checked this issue by creating a symbol composed of a png image, and it appears to work as expected. This makes me wonder whether there could be something special about this particular image that might have caused the failure. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon