We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Adding New Row to GridDataBoundGrid

I am having a problem with my GridDataBoundGrid. One of the columns in the grid is a button. When the button is pressed a new form is launched. This new form makes modifications to the datarow from the grid. There seems to be a problem in the case where the user clicks on the button for a new row. If the user makes changes to the row, through the form, and then goes to another row in the grid, w/o directly making changes through the grid, the row disapears. To add the new row, I am doing the following: CurrencyManager cm = (CurrencyManager) this.BindingContext[grid.DataSource]; if (((e.RowIndex - 1) == cm.Count)) { grid.Binder.AddNew(); grid.Binder.SetCurrentPosition(cm.Count-1, false); } Thanks, Michael Sabin

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 5, 2005 05:54 PM UTC

Something to try. Instead of calling grid.Binder.AddNew, try calling cm.AddNew() (and maybe followed by cm.EndCurrentEdit()).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 5, 2005 07:01 PM UTC

Thanks, that worked. The only problem was that there was a repaint issue with the grid when I did that. Here is how I got it to work nicely: if (((e.RowIndex - 1) == cm.Count)) { this.grid.BeginUpdate(); grid.Binder.AddNew(); cm.AddNew(); this.grid.Binder.SetCurrentPosition(cm.Count - 2, false); this.grid.Binder.RemoveRecords(cm.Count - 1, cm.Count -1); this.grid.EndUpdate(); }

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon