We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PopupMenu _BeforePopup event not fired all the times - MutliThreaded Application

Hi, I am using Synchfusion controls v 3.2.1.0. In our application, I have a form in which I have used XPMenus.PopupMenu. This form is called from multiple screens of the application. Also from other context menus and toolbar menus. Now there exists problem when this form is called from one particular sequence. PopupMenu _BeforePopup event is NOT fired i that sequence. I have checked form code. Execution steps are same as always the form entry point is one public method and input values are also same. On difference I think is threads. As our application is multi threaded, it is possible that each sequnce has a different thread. So, we are unable to identify how to identify problem. Can any one throw light on this? Rgds Rajani Kanth

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 7, 2005 05:53 AM UTC

Hi Rajani, Our apologies for the delayed response.I have tested for this issue with v3.3 and was not able to see the problem.I have attached the sample used for testing.Please modify the sample to show us the problem and send it back to us so that we can investigate it. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Ebenezer.P

Popup0.zip

BR Badri Rajani Kanth December 7, 2005 12:21 PM UTC

Hi, My problem is same as one listed in http://64.78.18.34/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=29562 http://64.78.18.34/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=15847 But in my case the event "popmenu_BeforePopup(object sender, CancelMouseEventArgs e)" is never fired when I open model dialog from context menu. Even setting "popmenuTextbox.SynchronousPopup = false;" doesnt make any difference. I am still not getting menu. What to do? Rgds Rajani Kanth >Hi Rajani, > >Our apologies for the delayed response.I have tested for this issue with v3.3 and was not able to see the problem.I have attached the sample used for testing.Please modify the sample to show us the problem and send it back to us so that we can investigate it. > >Thanks for your patience. > >Regards, >Ebenezer.P > >

Popup0.zip

BR Badri Rajani Kanth March 20, 2006 05:11 PM UTC

Hi, Can any of you plz look into this issue again. Recently we have found that PopUpmenu control has memory leaks, raised issue and got a patch for that. But still, we are unable to work with _BeforePopup event(as it is never raised) in screens where there thread switches. I mean screen will be created on main thread, some methods(doing heavy processings) are done using worker threads, after that again screen will be running on main thread. Only in these screens we have this problem. We have temporary work arounds, still want to fix problem with _BeforePopup forever. Rgds Rajani Kanth

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon