We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

No scrollbars for GridRepeaterControl

Hi, I am implementing a grid in my app which is based on the RepeaterUserControl in the Syncfusion samples. It works pretty well but, for some reason, the scroll bars (vertical & horizontal) are not appearing even though there are grid cells that are off the screen. Does anybody have any quick ideas why this might not be working for me? I can see that distributed sample does not suffer from this problem...but I cannot spot the difference between the sample and my own attempt. Anyone else had the same problem? Thanks.

2 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team December 5, 2005 10:12 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, What might be happening is that the grid is being sized and positioned before its parent has been placed in its final position/size. This may leave the grid thinking that it is much bigger than its parent, and may affect whether its thinks it needs scrollbars or not. (This type of problem is really dependent upon when/how the grid and its parent is made visible for the first time.) Just something to try. Instead of locating the repeater control where you are putting it (usually either on a form or usercontrol or tab page), instead, first put a Panel there, and then put the repeater control (docked=fill) in the panel. This may avoid the problem. Best regards, Stanley

SN Stephen New December 8, 2005 05:30 AM UTC

Thanks for your suggestion, Stanley. It seems that the problem was related to my user control (within the RepeaterControl) being excessively wide. By adjusting the width of this user control I could see that, past a certain width, the scroll bars would not appear (or perhaps they were pushed off the edge of the parent control?). Anyway, I seem to have gotten around it by redesigning the user control to be less wide. Cheers, Stephen. >Hi Stephen, > >What might be happening is that the grid is being sized and positioned before its parent has been placed in its final position/size. This may leave the grid thinking that it is much bigger than its parent, and may affect whether its thinks it needs scrollbars or not. (This type of problem is really dependent upon when/how the grid and its parent is made visible for the first time.) > >Just something to try. Instead of locating the repeater control where you are putting it (usually either on a form or usercontrol or tab page), instead, first put a Panel there, and then put the repeater control (docked=fill) in the panel. This may avoid the problem. > >Best regards, >Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon