We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

autocomplete combobox in grid . .

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

38015 Dec 5,2005 12:56 AM UTC Dec 5,2005 07:03 PM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: GridControl
Adam K.
Asked On December 5, 2005 12:56 AM UTC

i have a large list of autocomplete items in a combobox in column B. When the current cell is in column A and i hit the right arrow key, it takes a really long time to move over to column B. anyway to speed up this performance ? I have about 15,000 items in my combobox list. thks, ak

stanleyj [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 5, 2005 07:12 AM UTC

Hi Adam, There seems to be no lag in the performance in this sample. Can you modify the sample and produce it again? Thanks, Stanley

Adam K.
Replied On December 5, 2005 04:41 PM UTC

If you change the number to 50,000+ you see the behavior where if you move around the grid there is a pause before it lets you get onto that column. ak >Hi Adam, > >There seems to be no lag in the performance in this sample. Can you modify the sample and produce it again? > >Thanks, >Stanley

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 5, 2005 07:03 PM UTC

If you use a DataSOurce instead of a choicelist, you can preload the list initially, to avoid the first long pause as your user moves into the current cell. But with 50K items, there will be a little pause as you try to drop the cell. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Forum_38015_14a12311.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;