We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DragAndDrop cursor not showing "copy" icon

I have a drag and drop thing going on in a TreeViewAdv control. In the DragOver event handler, I can set the cursor effect (DragEventArgs.Effect) to one of several values. When I set it to DragDropEffects.None, the cursor appears as a circle with a slash through it, indicating that the drop is not allowed. When I set it to DragDropEffects.Move, the cursor appears as a gray box, indicating that the drop will move to the current destination. This is all great. But, when I set the cursor to DragDropEffects.Copy, I expect to see an icon that indicates a copy is allowed. Perhaps a gray box (like the Move icon) with an additional plus sign next to it. But instead, I get the circle with a slash through it. Shouldn''t the Copy cursor effect appear differently than the None cursor effect? How can I visually indicate the difference between a move and a copy?

3 Replies

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team December 2, 2005 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Jzucker, I was able to see the issue and I will log a bug report rgarding this . Thanks for your patience and continued interest in Syncfusion products. Best regards, Deepa.T.S

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team December 5, 2005 04:26 AM UTC

Hi Jzucker, You could track the progress of this bug fix at this link below http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/tools/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1135 Defect #1135 - In DragAndDrop , cursor is not showing "copy" icon in DragOver event handler. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Deepa.T.S

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team April 13, 2006 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Jzucker, My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. On consulting with the developer, it is confirmed that the DragOver event behavior is correct and its not a bug .Please take a look at the description given below. ItemDrag: Occurs when the user begin dragging an item. DragOver: Occurs when the mouse drags an item and it is moving over the client area of thie control. So, the priority is been given to the ItemDrag Event''s DragDropEffect.And treeViewAdv has the same behavior as the Standard .Net treeView. Please take a look at the attached sample,which illustrates the above. Thanks for your patience and interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Deepa.

DragDropIconSample.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon