We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboBox Autocomplete

Hi I have a Combo in a grid and want to be able to type into the Combo, with the combo selection being filtered. Currently this works fine, except that it is case sensitive. Is there any way of disabling the case sensitivity, otherwise the feature is useless to my users? Many thanks

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2005 02:39 PM UTC

The default behavior is to try to ignore the case when it is appropriate. The FindItem/FindItemExact methods in the combobox renderer class accespt a paramater that tells them whether to ignore case or not. And the default implementation makes these calls with this parameter set to different values depending upon the circumstances. So, I am not sure I understand the exact problem you are seeing. Can you tell me how to see it in the sample we ship? \Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\CellTypes\ComboboxCells These Find methods are virtual, so you could derive the cell model and cell renderer classes and force all calls to these methods to ignore case, but before I try such a solution, I would need to see the problem.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 1, 2005 02:58 PM UTC

Hi thanks for the quick response. After some more investigation, setting the DropDownStyle to Editable does the trick. (It was set to Exclusive previously, with its behaviour therefore making sense.) The only thing I will need to trap now is ensuring people still select something that is in the list in the first place, but that should be straightforward. Thanks for your help. paul

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon